• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI can

J
Dec 3, 2015
Does anyone have one of these on their sled yet? Found a good deal on one, just looking for a review from someone who has used one.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Just put the ti can by ssi on and rode it around the yard.... tone is different and a little louder then stock but not at all obnoxious like other cans IMO

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Good to "hear" lol. Mine is "supposed" to be delivered today, can finally get the hot dogger mounted hahaha:face-icon-small-hap

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
Just picked mine up today. Quality looks really good, which is a relief because wow they end up expensive with our dollar now! Selling price was 400, +40 must have been shipping +180 currency conversion +65 customs collected by Canada Post = $685.

It does weigh under 3lbs, my cheap digital scale read 2.9, advertised is 2.8 so that seems about right.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Installed mine yesterday. No instructions in the box, glad I had spare longer exhaust springs. Where did everyone route that really long spring? I went to the hole in the bulkhead spar, down and forward. No way it would reach from the spring clip to the down tube like it was stock.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Does it jack the stock pipe up? The one who tried to use it with slp pipe said it moved the pipe up 2 inches and wouldn't work. Is that why the long spring wouldn't work?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
No I think it was just the stock can has a lower mounting point on it than the SSI can is all. Pipe/head, pipe/can seem to make a nice seal.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
Installed mine yesterday. No instructions in the box, glad I had spare longer exhaust springs. Where did everyone route that really long spring? I went to the hole in the bulkhead spar, down and forward. No way it would reach from the spring clip to the down tube like it was stock.

Sounds like we have anchored the long spring in the same manner.
I used the top and bottom rubbers from the stock muffler.
I was able to use the stock springs for the pipe to can connection. They are tight but not too bad. I always use a shoe string for mounting exhaust springs which really helps.
The bottom flange seals the exit hole 100%.
Once everything is in place I believe the pipe is sitting in the stock position.
Really happy with the fit!

image.jpg

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yup that's egg-zackly what I did bailer.
I put some spare springs and my trusty piece of recoil rope in the bag just in case, and I'll leave the stock can in the truck so I can make a quick swap and not screw up a ride.

Have you had it out yet? Hoping it's not an ear bleeder. Have a Diamond S quiet can on my pro, love the way it sounds...

E

el king cat 900

Nov 29, 2007
Jaws race can dyno tested 0 hp lose and i Never ride pro rmk with this sound i have Heard some exhaust on pro rmk and the New jaws is terrible

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Jaws has always been obnoxious. Diamond s quiet can and slp have been the quieter ones. Sounds like the ssi might be decent but they are really slow getting them to people.

Premium Features