• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

updated boyesen reeds vs updated doo reeds

P
Dec 20, 2007
Reno, NV
I have a 2012 summitx 800 etec. I had been running boyesen rage cages for 2 seasons. I decided to check them this fall because I had heard they had problems in etec motors. Sure enough they were cracked! I was going to install my stock reeds, but found they were chipped on the edges. Fortunately I was able to get both sets warrantied. So now I have to decide which ones to install. They are both the updated versions. The new boyesens look a lot better(o-ring seal & full carbon petals, similar to their turbo reeds). The doo reeds also look a lot different(new petal material & shape). Has anyone tried the updated boyesen? I haven't found much feedback on them. They are the RAD88A-2 part #. Or am I better off just running the updated doo reeds? (how have they been holding up?) Not much snow around Tahoe area so I have some time to decide. :face-icon-small-dis

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
Stick with the new Ski-doo reeds. I've seen lots of Boyesen issues...not worth the trouble. "Updated "reeds every couple months doesn't cut the mustard. Maybe the new o-ring reeds will finally work but who wants to be the guinee pig.

Premium Features