• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse turbo nytro

Dec 21, 2008
Well jumped shipped and bought an 08 nytro with a impulse kit. Great sled but not a fan of the seat. Would like to go back to the stock seat. I plan to drop the fuel tank into the tunnel 3 1/2" so that it will only stick above the tunnel by 2 1/2" rather than 6". Should also help lower the center of gravity of this sled. The only problem that I see in doing this is that the sled has stock tunnel and stock coolers. The side cooler is in the way by about an inch. Was thinking about modding it to clear or just buying the vanamberg cooler kit, this would give me the clearance I need along the side of the tank. Would there cooler kit clear the back of the fuel tank when lowered into the tunnel? Also wondering if this extra rear cooler would give me enough cooling to delete the front cooler or radiator?
Thanks

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
I have deleted the front rad and fan on my Impulse Nytro. I then installed a doo rt1000 cooler in the tunnell behind the tank. No problem with cooling, its actually better now than before.

Also I have the removed the Impulse seat, way to big and bulky. I now have a cutoms seat made by a guy here on snowest. Also tried the stock seat, If you rarely sit its ok. Not a lot of foam left so its a bit hard...

IMG_0701.jpg

P1000555.jpg

Last edited:

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
I have the stock seat on my impulse nytro. The previous owner cut it up. It's pretty hard but I rarely sit down.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
I run the vanamburg double pass and you should have room to drop the tank. I have the cooler for a 174, so I would call Van Amburg and get a specific measurement for the double pass.

Starting from the back, the cooler will take up most of your tail extension.

My coolant temps are 110-120 F on groomed trail with ice scratchers and 150 F +/- range in powder under boost. I run the rad delete and have a a vented headlight.

good luck

Last edited:
Premium Features