• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 snopro needs ecu, would 2010/11 ecu work?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
hi guys, im in need of a new computer, i had got one but it was a wrong one probably actually from a 08 but they labled it a 09?, sent er back, of course used im not paying 1600-1700$ for a ecu!,

my dealer said the computers on the 09-11 are the same, just the mapping in them?

but im wondering can i get one from a 2010/2011 and have it remapped? visually they look the same?

anybody have any more info/knowledge, and tips? Thanks!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
09 to 13 are the same case, but as stated, the internal programming is different.

They should be able to reflash one to the other.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
09 to 13 are the same case, but as stated, the internal programming is different.

They should be able to reflash one to the other.

yeah ok, also the ecu i had gotten looks identical to mine, looks wise, and the others, just the plug size is different, my computer both plugs same size, the one i had received was a # 46, mines #47, but it had 1 plug smaller than the other

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
One on e-bay right now for $550. Was updated to the latest 11' specs.

yeah thats the one im eyeing, but they wont do returns of course, so i want to be as sure that it will work, or atleast fit up to my connectors as i can, mapping wise id think it could be remapped, and if not, i may try running it, take my 2degree timing key out and run it and see what happens, i got egts and all that, so it shouldnt be "dangerous" too do that IF i had to, but again its making it sure it even connects up

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Just give RV Sports a call and ask them about it. I don't know if they are the ones selling it but it sounds like the programed it.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Who reflashes the ECU's? Ive been wondering about trying a 11 map in a ported 09. Anyone know who will reflash them and if its do able.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
My 10' is a litle rich down low and I wanted to get a newer map into it. I called two dealers and both said they couldn't do it. I see a lot of guys got them re-flashed but no one tells how much or where. I did see that one on E-bay that RV had reflashed, so I thought about giving them a call.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
My 10' is a litle rich down low and I wanted to get a newer map into it. I called two dealers and both said they couldn't do it. I see a lot of guys got them re-flashed but no one tells how much or where. I did see that one on E-bay that RV had reflashed, so I thought about giving them a call.

yeah i called them, and im gettin thrown around by dealers, 1 dealer says the 2010/2011 boxes would connect with my sleds connectors, but the mapping in them is wrong for sled and run like crap, they then said they cannot remap it for a 09...

another dealer said that they can be remapped but it wouldnt connect....

And another dealer said it cant remap and it wont work, i need one from 09 since 09 was a odd year, 07-08 use same computer, 2010 and up use same computer, but 09 was odd year...

so i dont know who to believe since so many answers....

so not sure if anybody can help clear that up? one place i had talked to was that RV motorsports selling that 11 ecu....

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Exactly ! Im sure if I walked into my local dealer and started asking these type of questions,,, Im sure they would look at me like I had two heads. and No would be the answer !

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
a guy had msgd me with a offer of a ecu, talked for a bit and all looks well, however its from out east.... its off a 2009, computer and plugins look good, and he said its off same motor and sled, so i figure if anything needs to be done it will need to maybe be remapped for higher elevation???

so, being that its off a 2009, and looks the same, i can have it remapped if needed of course right? thanks again!

Premium Features