• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helix/Torx fasteners

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
Hello,

Where can I find the 10-24 Torx head fasteners that hold the helix on? I e-mailed RK Tek and he said McMaster-Carr. When I browse their sight, I come up empty handed.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
They dont need to be torx. Frankly i hate the torx, i went with a button head allen screw. Easily available at any hardware store. I also never reuse these bolts cause when they break they are a pita to get out of the helix

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i just installed these tonight... i was told by a guy on another forum to make sure and check the clearance between the bolt heads and the diamond drive housing.....apparently he read a thread someplace that a guy posted about the heads wearing a groove into the DD housing because the bolt heads were too big.....

4e5729fa.jpg

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I thought you were just going to use drywall screws??? Nobody listens to me any more... it hurts my feelers.

Those cap head screws sit kinda high... just sayin.

hah...mr drywall! i just posted a reply to you on bc rebels. i was over at my buddies garage turning wrenches on his sled getting ready for out trip to cooke next weekend. i was telling him my plan, and he said he has a nice selection of little machine screws like that. and sure as hell....he had the right size. so i went home, got my clutch, and we put them in this evening. wish i would have tested the clearance before i put everything back together....

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Been using a SS version of those 10/24 allens for 3 seasons now. No problems with clearance on my 09 m8

you wouldnt happen to have the clutch off the sled so you could measure how far the heads stick off the clutch, would you :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap i dont feel like tearing mine all apart just to check clearance...

i wonder how hard it is to spread the sheaves all the way apart while its installed on the sled....?

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
you wouldnt happen to have the clutch off the sled so you could measure how far the heads stick off the clutch, would you :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap i dont feel like tearing mine all apart just to check clearance...

i wonder how hard it is to spread the sheaves all the way apart while its installed on the sled....?

I'll measure tonight and report back.

Premium Features