• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worst Job To Support Sledding

I'm sure we have all done some stuff we are not proud of to fuel our addiction to sledding such as converting grocery money into sled gas haha. My question is what is the worst job you've had just to keep on sledding. Here is mine telemarketer!!

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
I'm sure we have all done some stuff we are not proud of to fuel our addiction to sledding such as converting grocery money into sled gas haha. My question is what is the worst job you've had just to keep on sledding. Here is mine telemarketer!!

I didn't start riding until I was out of college and could afford it. For this....I blame my parents!:D

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
Its not that I have a bad job - its just how much I work to snowmobile that is shamefull. I have been working 6-7 days a week non-stop this year to make sure I can afford my habit.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Its not that I have a bad job - its just how much I work to snowmobile that is shamefull. I have been working 6-7 days a week non-stop this year to make sure I can afford my habit.

same here..first job I clock at least 6-10's from april thru today..we sometimes do as many as 90 a week..my part time job I average 8-12 hrs a week yr round..all so I can ride..starting monday we go to 40 hr weeks till april ...paychecks are nice..hrs suck......

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
pull 80 hour weeks half the year to get work out of the way for when sleddin season hits; then I start to fark off :D

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
I normally don't work in the winter as I have a seasonal job, but due to the economy I am forced to work this winter to support my addiction. that is the part that sucks, when I look out the window of the shop, see a beautiful blue bird day, and realize I have to work!! as far as the actual job, I love it!! building sleds at c3 powersports, can't get any better as far as work goes. feels like I am in my shop tinkering with sleds all day, my second favorite past time!!

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
in highschool i detailed semi-trucks and changed tires at the same shop along with a lot of mowing and sand blasting. i said screw that after 3 years of it and went to work on a ranch as a ranch hand building/fixing fence, haying and whatever else needed to be done. this summer i worked on the same ranch and from July 6th to Sept 10th i had 2 days off.....hayed for a month and a half straight and as soon as we got done with that i went and helped a guy harvest for about another month (barley blows!). every one of those days were atleast 12hr days.....all to support my addiction lol

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
eh ...

I didn't really start this whole psychoic sledding thing till after I graduated college ..... so I have had a decent job to support it.

I have no furniture, but I have tons of sled parts and tools and **** :eek:

My problem was during high school and now in college there is no time to work real jobs (especially when ya gotta spend your weekends sledding) I had to take what I could get haha and I am dead serious when I say Ive collected all my friends bottles in order to go sledding for a weekend.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
at the moment i work at small town grocery store to pay for sledding, its terrible and embarassing job as i used to be forest fire fighter in the summer and work in a tire shop during the winter. last year when i was in college i would go to school from 8-3, then work 3-10 to pay for sledding. i will be searching for a night job when i move up to northern alberta this jan. as i will be close to the mtns and sledding whenever i;m not in school or doing work. past 2 summers i work 2 jobs, 7 days a week with and usually take 1 week off for mtn biking.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Worst job for sledding? Working on a cruise ship - anything that takes you out of the element.

Seriously though, the worst I had was either a job that I traveled out of state a lot or snow removal. Snow removal sucked because I got up early on snow days to work and was burned out by the end of the day. Everyone was hitting the slopes or sledding and I was moving that white sh it.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
not proud of it but have been a walmart greeter for 2 months and in the past i have sold my body to pleasure women. J/K

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i think i win... i dishwashed in highschool, and was able to get a job workin in the dining hall on campus at college.. easy work, makes decent money, and you work at night, so sled during the day. it aint pretty, but the dollars spend the same!

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
not the worst but not the funnest either is wrenching on my own sleds to save money for more sled stuff.

The jobs I dred the most are putting back in the driveshaft, track and rear skid and anything to do with disconnecting the plumbing.

Love having it done right though!!!!

Also to save $$ I mow my own lawn and shovel my own driveway and sharpen my own skates occasionally and love to buy used chit on ebay and snowest. All money saved goes right into my top secret off shore snowmobile fund.

Last edited:
Premium Features