• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled weigh off

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Yes, we agree that is the best mtn sled for beginners or the old and infirmed. LOL We agree that it is the least capable in technical terrain, the heaviest, widest body, with silly wobble parts to try and fix the clutch and antiquated rear suspension. I still can't believe anybody serious about mtn riding buys these...

Are you serious right now? Maybe you should wait and write a response when you are sober.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ha, that's Darland Mtn. My riding area, i have rode all 12months on that mtn!
1b8aee2d5259485551b276dc39c9d4a0.jpg

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Are you serious right now? Maybe you should wait and write a response when you are sober.

Damn straight I am serious. What was inaccurate in my response? Baffles me when I see guys make bad choices and then try to defend them with silly rhetoric.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Damn straight I am serious. What was inaccurate in my response? Baffles me when I see guys make bad choices and then try to defend them with silly rhetoric.

...well put me on your "old and infirmed" list.... I just flat out like the Gen 4 Chasis better than the Axyxs I had....

...also put me on your " I D.G.A.F. what Big 10 inch thinks" list!

Ace

Last edited:
B
Feb 18, 2009
18 Axys doesn't overheat easily either.
2015 t3 doo sure does

So Polaris changes the thermostat and now it magically cools better, huh? You do understand the all the new thermostat does is keep the temp lower when in good snow so when you hit the trail you will have a little longer before it start overheating...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So Polaris changes the thermostat and now it magically cools better, huh? You do understand the all the new thermostat does is keep the temp lower when in good snow so when you hit the trail you will have a little longer before it start overheating...
No sure what Poo did in 18. From what i understand is that its not something u can easily do to 17 or 16? Sounds like more than a simple thermostat?
All i can tell u is people i know with 18s don't have overheating issues like the 17 and older....
Maybe it buys u 5min on the trail? That may be all it takes before u get to enough snow to cool off?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001

It's more than a cooler thermostat they changed how the coolant flows through the sled.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Isn't that cute... all you ski doo doo lovers banding together. The G4 is most definitely the better platform for trail riding LOL

To be honest, The pro was the best trail sled I’ve ever ridding. Such a pig to get up on edge. It makes me tired just thinking about it. The axys is just as good of a trail sled. But a little easier to get on edge. 39” wide front end just says trail sled all over it.

Polaris guys before 2018...... “we don’t need no stinking 36” front end! That’s only a fix for a bad chassis design!”

Polaris guys now...... “this new 36” front end makes this the best sled handling on the snow!”

Cat guys before 2018...... “we don’t need no floppy rear skid/track”.

Cat guys now...... “this new floppy track/skid makes this the easiest sled to ride!”

So which is it boys? Was you right two years ago? Or are you right now? Can’t have it both ways. :face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ski-doo was brilliant 23yrs ago, the first time they came out with a 36in front. They veered away for a decade or so.

Sorry but cat doesn't have a wobbly skid or track, quite the oppisite actually.
The Alpha track has thicker and stronger fiberglass rods which makes it stiffer than any other track out there. (Interesting hmmm)
The Alpha skid is just as solid as all other non T3 skids out there, the rails are just closer together.

Cats shocks make it the best trail sled.
$2,500 in shocks and the Polaris is the trail king.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Cat and doo are very close in weight.
Poo is undeniably the lightest!

And it still doesn't matter.... Owned a 18 axys with a SLP stage 2 last year and sold it for my 850 Doo. Best part of the Axys was the PIDD gauge. Everything else i would way rather ride my 850. If i was blindfolded i for sure would have told you the Doo was lighter. It rides so much lighter than the Poo. But i guess it was easier to pick up and move around in the garage....

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Isn't that cute... all you ski doo doo lovers banding together. The G4 is most definitely the better platform for trail riding LOL

Your a joke. This is the SkiDoo g4 forum. So the words coming out of your mouth kinda make you sound like a facking idiot. Head on over to the prolaris forum and talk all the sh!t you want. We'll stick to riding trails over hear.??? E.A.D.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Everyone should admit that it is kinda funny that ski-doo went with a 9.5gal tank and spoke about less wet weight because of it. Then charges $$$ for their cool 3gal linq gas can.
I know people that won't fill their gas tank to save weight.....
To each their own.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Everyone should admit that it is kinda funny that ski-doo went with a 9.5gal tank and spoke about less wet weight because of it. Then charges $$$ for their cool 3gal linq gas can.

It was the only way they could keep the weight down to be competitive. Then the strategy was to put out the propaganda "wet weight is the only way to truly weigh a sled since we don't ride them dry". Which is true with all things being equal. But since they are not equal, as doo has a smaller gas tank, the only way to compare weights is to weigh them DRY! Then add what you want - gas, oil, bags, food, fat arse, etc . . . you get the picture. . . as least the rest of us do :)

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
HAHAHAHA!!!

We need the "Ready To Ride" weight........ Well it depends on how big your tank is. Also is it wobbly or stiff? How flickable is it?

Premium Features