Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Dantru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sudden engine stop

Question, I have a 2012 M8. Went out yesterday and rode about 2 miles, sled was fine. All the sudden it sounded like I had thrown a belt, a quick squeak, and the sled died. The belt, clutches were fine, but the sled would not start. It sounded like it wanted to start, would turn over a few times but not get to idle. Checked fuses, plugs, fuel and oil and all seemed fine. Towed it back and went to start it the next day and started, idles and ran fine. I pulled the fuel pump, and filters, more like screens, are clear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Currently: Not set.
buddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond reputebuddylove330 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantru View Post
Question, I have a 2012 M8. Went out yesterday and rode about 2 miles, sled was fine. All the sudden it sounded like I had thrown a belt, a quick squeak, and the sled died. The belt, clutches were fine, but the sled would not start. It sounded like it wanted to start, would turn over a few times but not get to idle. Checked fuses, plugs, fuel and oil and all seemed fine. Towed it back and went to start it the next day and started, idles and ran fine. I pulled the fuel pump, and filters, more like screens, are clear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
My 13 did something similar. It ended up being the Killswitch wires were grounding out by the thumb throttle block.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to buddylove330 For This Useful Post:
Dantru (03-04-2018)