• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil light

T
Mar 5, 2008
Give me some ideas what to look for guys. Got 2010 HCR and filled with oil the idiot light and guage is flashing oil.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
X2, But I never had any luck trying to free the stuck float sensor; look at the parts fiche, the sensor is inaccessible from the opening in the oil tank. I had to replace it on both my '10 M8 & '11 CF8. You'll be lucky if you don't have to replace the entire oil tank, as it requires removal of the tank, usually stripping the nylon threads! The next alternative is to simply disconnect the sensor & keep a special watch on the oil level.:juggle:

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I siphoned all the oil from my 2010 a few weeks ago and it appeared the sensor was near the front of the tank (closest to the front of the sled). I didn’t do this because of a sensor problem so I didnt mess with it.

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
These sensors seem to fail causing the oil light to flash. My float was not stuck as described but the light would still flash, Its annoying when you know you have a full tank or a lot of oil! I simply replaced min and problem solved. Its a bit of a job but can be done without removing the whole tank. If I remember correctly I had to pump out the oil, remove the exhaust, hood, air box, the rubber fuel rail intake that attaches to the air box... Once all that is removed you can get at the sensor.

Premium Features