• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to fox floats HELP!

N
Oct 1, 2009
Western, IA
I just picked up a 2009 M1000 sno pro with fox floats all around. I don't have an owners manual and have never messed with floats before. I weigh 220 lbs. What should I set the front shocks at? and the suspension?

Any ideas would be great.

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
For myself (175 lbs), I like 50 on the skis, and 125 on the rear. However, I have a buddy around 280, and he likes his at 75 in the front, and 150 in the back. Its quite easy to tell if you like more or less PSI by the way it compresses when you ride. Start at a point, and if its too soft, add 5 lbs until its too stiff.

NOTE: Always remove the pressure from the shocks (tip sled on side) to get an accurate reading. It is also the best practice to do it outside with the shocks at riding temp. I usually ride for a few miles before making a change.

Another thing to remomber, when you unscrew the pump, you will lose about 5 lbs, so adjust this loss in you numbers.

DTR

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I just picked up a 2009 M1000 sno pro with fox floats all around. I don't have an owners manual and have never messed with floats before. I weigh 220 lbs. What should I set the front shocks at? and the suspension?

I am 180 pounds and 65 is perfect for me in the front and in the rear about 120!!

Hope this helps,
RYan

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa

nicksled,

You are on snowest, you don't have to lie about your weight on here! Just run by the "junkyard" and get you some shocks off an old dump truck or semi, that should fit you the best!! I understand why you had to go with the M1000. J/K

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Another thing to remomber, when you unscrew the pump, you will lose about 5 lbs, so adjust this loss in you numbers.

DTR

it says in the cat manual that the air leaking out when you unscrew the pump is only out of the air pump hose and does not effect the pressure in the shock. i have no verified this.....but i just read it in the manual today...

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
it says in the cat manual that the air leaking out when you unscrew the pump is only out of the air pump hose and does not effect the pressure in the shock. i have no verified this.....but i just read it in the manual today...

yes, thats how it works. when you screw the pump back on the air needed to fill the hose is where your seeing the lose in pressure. btw i like 55 clutch side 50 mag side on m7, i would think the 1000 would need a little more. im about 220 ready to ride

Premium Features