• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MHI Blowoff Valve

Aug 15, 2008
Hey guys,

You've probably seen my other post about having some bad turbo flutter and my BOV not lifting. One thing I want to try is putting a lighter spring in my MHI before I get a new one for my veeport.

Now my question is, how in the #$%^ do you take this thing apart? I thought maybe by backing the vac connection off you would be able to take it apart, but I can't seem to get it open. I see there is a seam right at the top of the valve where the cylinder and the top of the bov meet, but I can't seem to be able to twist it off. Just wondering if I there is something else I could do... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
you cant take mitsubishi ones apart as far as I know.. pull it off and see if the thing moves freely or if it somehow got stuck closed..

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
A lighter spring will work better, I always put a very light spring in mine, it opens quicker, you want the BOV to to unload the extra boost when you're off the throttle so it doesn't slow the turbo down. I see so many BOV's with really stiff springs in them, but if the plumbing is done right for your BOV, then your boost pressure should keep the it closed... not the spring.

Premium Features