• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powderlites nytro tunnel dump?

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Hey MOB, would love to see pix of this. R U still using a muffler or just dumping off the turbo?

I need to keep mine quiet (really think we all need to lol)

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
who has some pictures of how they have done theres... tired of my filter plugging up from steam.

Just cut the pipe before it bends up to go above the tunnel,, then just get an exhaust shop to bend you up a small elbow and dump it down.. I ran mine dumped down on track most of last season got alittle irratating on trail in the powder it was fine.. Then i picked up one of E&S apex mufflers its a low profile compact design and mounted it up to quiet the tone down..
I'll try and find some pics or try the search there should be some on here

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
Here's a few pics of mine that I got Neil at Neils Power Pipes to make for me.
Its sounds great.
2246057650049038271S500x500Q85.jpg

2085521220049038271S500x500Q85.jpg

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Thinking about doing this to mine. Way to much of a pain to haul fuel. Anybody make a kit or it has to be custom built? Any more pics of P-lites sleds with tunnel dump?

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I ditched the muffler this year as well. Had a friend fab up a deflector shield and make up a gas rack. i will take some pics and post them I am really happy with the way it turned out

B
Feb 15, 2010
Rocky Mtn House
air intake.jpg

air intake 1.jpg

air intake 2.jpghere is a picture of what i have done at home. I just took a piece of aluminum and bent it to the right angle and then just started cutting until i had the right fit. I then bought a 3 inch mandrel bent piece of exhaust from a local shop ( for the intake) and fit it to the middle.

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Just talked to Powderlites this after noon. They are going to have a tunnel dump exhaust with a 10inch hindel muffler ready in about a week or so. Talked to fastrax and they can build one but it is $450 and is straight piped. Guess I will see what
p-lites kit looks like before I decide.
Thanks for the replies. Any other pics?

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Talked to Hindle, they have the short mufflers built. Now they just have to arrive at P-lites and they have to add on the new piping.
Still waiting.

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Tunnel dump

This muffler won't tunnel dump though will it? You would still likely need a turn-out for your exhaust to protect the gas jug? I ran mine with just the turn out from stock Hindle for 3 yrs and never had an issue with my gas jug set up. Dave said the Nytro tunnel dump is pretty loud with out some sort of muffler and that's why they are going with shorter Hindle.

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
This muffler won't tunnel dump though will it? You would still likely need a turn-out for your exhaust to protect the gas jug? I ran mine with just the turn out from stock Hindle for 3 yrs and never had an issue with my gas jug set up. Dave said the Nytro tunnel dump is pretty loud with out some sort of muffler and that's why they are going with shorter Hindle.

This muffler they built will tunnel dump. Just talked to p-lites it is done. Supposed to send me a pic of it today.

B
Dec 18, 2007
Kind of off topic but I just run a second pre filter. Snow still piles up on the intake but it will not ice up and freeze to the cage. Easy to wipe off.

LL

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Decised to go with a dump right off the turbo pointed foreward and down. Mitch at P-lites fabbed it up for me. loud at idle, but not bad once ur moving. Sure gets peoples attn when it fires up now! lol More flow and quicker response now too.

Premium Features