• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY 2015 RMK SNOWCHECK!! WOW... WHAT A SLED!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
SnowCheck RMK's come with the flat top steering post and ProTaper bars.

EXCEPT for the "STOCK MODEL" which comes with the old style steel bars with pivot riser and the left hand elecrical controls on the bars. Also in the Stock model.. you do NOT get the color choices, upgraded shocks, free electric start, windshield etc. You DO get the 3 yr warranty though.

None of the Non-Snowchecked sleds will have the choices etc.

attachment.php

thanks, that is what i was seeing as well. i thought maybe it was a glitch in the program, but i guess not!

C

crankbraker

Aug 6, 2008
Wy
Over it!

Well sad to say this but looks as if I'm going jump ship onto a cat. Don't get me wrong I love my 12 pro but it's been to the shop 6 times for various electrical problems the motor on the other hand has been great 2200 miles not a glitch.My buddy bought a 14 153 pro climb and that thing is a kick in the pants it's flat fun to ride I'm thinking I'm going to snow check the Rob Kincaid edition and maybe go with the three inch cat track the reliability and bad *** looks really gets me wanting to jump ship. Polaris has been great but 60th anniversary and all they come up with is a stock tunnel wrap clicker shocks and a bag big enough to hold more than the tunnel is quite depressing!

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Well I also am a Poo-die hard. Won't jump ship but I have to say the 60th anniversary edition from a mountain rider is quite disappointing.

On the other hand, Mtn-Doo has hit a home run for next year. 174 x 3 track!?....stock!!! That is a friggin Ortiz type home run for next year.

I am now waiting for 16 before I buy a new one. Already have a tunnel wrap and all the bags and a brand new MtnTek reliability upgraded motor.

I was expecting too much....evidently.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I guess I don't see why everyone is getting all googly eyed over a 174. You are getting more one dimensional with that track. It has been since about 09 since I was in a 60 inch dump. I think the track is going to suck in the spring. It is going to push really bad. I guess if that is what it takes to keep from washing out on the sidehills have at it. I am all for a 3 inch and think polaris is looking in a better direction. I will bet if they come with a 3 they won't leave the 155 out like doo did. This year polaris fixed pretty much everyones gripes. Better shocks, more cooling if you want, chain case if you want, what ever handle bar height. painted tunnel and suspension, and I will bet they run better than the 14. The 14 runs better than the 13 and so on down the line. 3 year warranty. I was one that was expecting more but it is what it is. All in all I think they gave more than doo or cat. What do you get from doo if you like a 154. Ugly colors.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree with Terry... While it does have the WOW factor... If it was the best thing since sliced bread... the Mod guys would have been all over it with the amount of tracks that being changed out there.

As you get longer and longer track lengths... and shorter and shorter ones too... the sweet spot for mountain riders still seems to be the 153 - 163" range with 2.5" paddles ... bigger/heavier riders preferring the 163"... The 3" paddles have plus's and minus's too just like 2", 2.25" and 2.5" tall lugs... EVERY change has a cost and a benefit.

If Polaris announced that it had a 174 x 15 x 3" track option... It would not be me ordering it.... but there would be some that did and SHRED with it.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I guess I'm in the minority here. As soon as they stated a new chassis for the trail machine I assumed that would translate to exactly zero changes in the mountain segment.
As far as I'm concerned it's all good from here.

fastmnstealth

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2010
Big Lake, MN
Agree with what everyone is saying...at first disappointed, but now kind of excited.

The #1 reason I got my Assault was for the shocks. I'm a bigger rider at 230-240 dressed and everyone was replacing shocks on the pro or revalving. Both resulted in costs that were more than the Assault. I'm not a jumper. I'd be surprised if I've ever had the track more than 3-4 feet off the ground...unless I lawn darted it LOL. I'm also not getting any younger and slowing down, so a 163 would be nice.

I'm with MH any many others on the std RMK. Assault with narrow front end and cooler (MN trails when I can't get out west).

On the fence about snow check, but my config would be similar to MHs though longer.

• RMK 163
  • Elec Start
  • Clickers
  • Hi Pro Tapers (I don't know why folks don't like the PTs - I like them)
  • Color..don't know yet.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
So, this is intriguing. Besides the carbon fiber over structure, I don't see missing much by going with a the std. I would be immediately installing a TKI belt drive with my savings. The lightweight drive components really make the pro snappy which I love. Noticeable over the Doo. Plus I could gear down right away which is totally needed on this sled, especially with a 163".

So, how much weight gain going this route (with TKI) over the Pro? Do you get Pro controls? Cause I hate the STD controls.

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
So, this is intriguing. Besides the carbon fiber over structure, I don't see missing much by going with a the std. I would be immediately installing a TKI belt drive with my savings. The lightweight drive components really make the pro snappy which I love. Noticeable over the Doo. Plus I could gear down right away which is totally needed on this sled, especially with a 163".

So, how much weight gain going this route (with TKI) over the Pro? Do you get Pro controls? Cause I hate the STD controls.

Theoretically you get get Pro controls on the STD LE models as you get the Protaper bars. I would think it would need the controls on the dash if it has the Protapers.

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
Have my 60th anniversary on the way. Finally bit the bullet and am upgrading. Sno checking a PRO RMK comes with a 3 year warentee, 2 bags, clicker shocks, choice of hadlebars, choise of windshield AND ELECTRIC START! PRO RMK dominator series comes with front and rear extreem bumpers at no extra cost, but no electirc start. Suppised no one cought that yet (or posted about it).

Only dissapointment is there is not retro option, I will have to get over it. Cant Wait!

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I'm sno checking a 800 155 pro es Le for the wife cheaper than doing a 660 on her 600 and with all the upgrades u get free was a no brainer. As far as the 174 ski doo no thanks I have a 13 163 pro while I love the flotation when I jump on my kids or wife's 155 they are a lot more fun. Plus skidoo only offers that sled in yellow and its all yellow. I hope polaris does this every year offering snocheck people options other wise I'll just wait untill Feb and buy them $2000 cheaper than snocheck

Just built a couple of sleds on the poo website $800 difference between standard and pro if the sleds are equipped the same and you take the wheels off the rear and put scratchers on what do u think the weight difference is. #5 for the cooler, 1# for the over structure and 3-5# for chain case? So maybe 10# just guessing here might go standard instead I was quoted 11,700 for pro 155 so maybe $11,000 for a standard. Hmmm decsions decisions!

Last edited:

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
You know, I was reading and actually listening to people. Yeah, I know, something new I guess. But people are mostly right. Polaris gave them/us what we have been wanting or asking for. Except no new 800 motor for the RMK. The one thing that does stand out though is that there still is no OEM way to change the gearing on a belt drive RMK....is there? I have heard as many people as for lower gears as I have heard people ask for painted tunnels. At least twice as many people ask for the ability to change the gear ratio as those complaining about the bars. Just thinking out loud.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Have just over a month to get the CFO to let me. But that is the sled I intend to snowcheck only with the 600 mil. Thanks for the research MH

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'm sno checking a 800 155 pro es Le for the wife cheaper than doing a 660 on her 600 and with all the upgrades u get free was a no brainer. As far as the 174 ski doo no thanks I have a 13 163 pro while I love the flotation when I jump on my kids or wife's 155 they are a lot more fun. Plus skidoo only offers that sled in yellow and its all yellow. I hope polaris does this every year offering snocheck people options other wise I'll just wait untill Feb and buy them $2000 cheaper than snocheck

Just built a couple of sleds on the poo website $800 difference between standard and pro if the sleds are equipped the same and you take the wheels off the rear and put scratchers on what do u think the weight difference is. #5 for the cooler, 1# for the over structure and 3-5# for chain case? So maybe 10# just guessing here might go standard instead I was quoted 11,700 for pro 155 so maybe $11,000 for a standard. Hmmm decsions decisions!

The weight difference is 18 pounds. Lose 3 sets of wheels and add scratchers = a 15 pound weight difference.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You should put an aerocharger on it.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
To me this sled just makes sense. I ride the Midwest most of the time in the deep powder of the U.P. and northern MI. I take an occasional trip out west when I can. But there are a lot of times that we either have to take a trail or an already ridden 2 track to get to the good stuff. The front heat exchanger would be a nice addition. I have a 2012 Pro right now and let me tell you the sled tells me quickly when I need to put my scratchers down.

Because I am ridding a lot in the midwest I ordered the wheels and put them on my pro right after I got it. So have the wheels will be nice right from the factory. I will aslo through a set of Ice Storm scratchers on as well. Nice to have both for the real hard pack. Ordering a new one this year is tempting however, I still have one more year of warranty on my 12 and if I weight another year chances are I will get a lot more new features that my current ride doesn't have now including an HO motor, Maybe?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Changing Ratio on Belt Drive

You know, I was reading and actually listening to people. Yeah, I know, something new I guess. But people are mostly right. Polaris gave them/us what we have been wanting or asking for. Except no new 800 motor for the RMK. The one thing that does stand out though is that there still is no OEM way to change the gearing on a belt drive RMK....is there? I have heard as many people as for lower gears as I have heard people ask for painted tunnels. At least twice as many people ask for the ability to change the gear ratio as those complaining about the bars. Just thinking out loud.

Kurt's Polaris has a kit with diffeent pulleys and belt. Nice looking set up.

http://www.kurtspolaris.com/Kurts-O...l.htm?productId=-480065&catalogId=-4127&fpg=1

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Mountainhorse,

Can you put together a list of what the differences are with your RMK build and a Pro?

EX:

1. No CF bumper
2. No CF Overstructure
3. No Belt Drive
4. Tunnel Cooler
5. full wheels in skid
6. 18lbs?
7. Braking system (which system does it have)?
8. Chain Case

Last edited:
Premium Features