• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chrome wrapped pro ride.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
That's sweet. Where did you find the vinyl.

I ordered a roll of it from my nearest Avery dealer. It came 30 ft by 4 ft wide. It was over $1200 then I had to get it laminated to cut down on the scratching. That was another 600 bucks!i ended up using approx 8 linear feet to do all that you see.

D
Nov 29, 2007
Portage, MI
Looks nice, but do you think the tank will stay wrapped? Even with 3M's primer, and high tack adhesion vinyl, vinyl's don't stick to the tank plastic all that well.

Derek

F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
Looks nice, but do you think the tank will stay wrapped? Even with 3M's primer, and high tack adhesion vinyl, vinyl's don't stick to the tank plastic all that well.

Derek
I'm hoping it will stick , but ya I know what your saying, I've seen some vinyl's peel. It seemed to grab fairly good with some pre heating of the plastic and using promotor.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Sweet Job!!!

The Avery stuff is really nice...

I also like the stuff from Alsa. Alsa STRETCH-CHROME

I saw a Bentley done with this in August. Took em 4 days to get it done...but in the end... was Stellar!

I think it's already laminated....They do custom colors and can be printed on as well.

Cool thing is...you can buy it by the square foot.

http://alsacorp.com/strechchrome/index.html

blue_chrome_ferrari_header.jpg
popular_chrome_colors.jpg
alsa_chrome_color_chart.jpg
new_colors_bottles.jpg
stepbystep.jpg
wrap_style_03.jpg
stretchy01.jpg

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I've been working on this for a couple days. This is Avery's conform chrome blue material.

my cousin sent me a pic of this today, he said it was done by his soon to be brother in laws friend.... you must be friend with dean then??

Last edited:

Jeva

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I ordered a roll of it from my nearest Avery dealer. It came 30 ft by 4 ft wide. It was over $1200 then I had to get it laminated to cut down on the scratching. That was another 600 bucks!i ended up using approx 8 linear feet to do all that you see.

So almost $500 to do that. I guess that puts my $16 tunnel wrap to shame.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Very nice. Wonder what it will look like after a season of damn willows?

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.

So by my math¿ you've got $1800 plus your time for this wrap? Or did you not have to buy the whole roll that they shipped to the dealer? Just curious sent this pic to a buddy of mine.... now he wants it

F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
So by my math¿ you've got $1800 plus your time for this wrap? Or did you not have to buy the whole roll that they shipped to the dealer? Just curious sent this pic to a buddy of mine.... now he wants it

$1800 for the whole roll . I used 8 ft of the 30 ft roll to do this wrap . It was just under $500 for material and then 8 hours of time. That included disassembly and reassembly of the sled.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
@Flygti32 thanks for the clarification on that! And all I've gotta say is WOW...WOW....WOW!!!! That has to be the nicest freakin wraps I've seen to date. Great job this ones for you:beer;:beer;

F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
REALLY like the tunnel. I hope it hold up well. I can boots raizing heck with the sides. Hope im wrong thats way to cool to scuff. NICE job!

My plan next week with this wrap is to put some sections of Xpel ultimate paint protection film on it. Xpels film is a self healing scratch repair film, hot water or heat gun will repair scratches. That way
If boots scuff it up the paint protection sections will take the brunt
Of the damage and not the wrap

Premium Features