• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: OFT RACING Billet Steering Blocks With Oilite Bushing

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
OFT Racing's billet steering products have made the company what it is today and we our now moving our great products over to the Polaris guys as well with the new offering of the Polaris Steering Blocks with Oilite bushings.

0C805723-EB9D-43F7-AC33-4C26AE748C9F-21697-00000D9AED279A6E_zpsef50bbf8.jpg

They offer much tighter steering that is self lubricated and a lifetime product for you guys.

23E697C5-49FD-44F6-8E74-96D4FCB27F20-21697-00000D9AC1F20A66_zpse73a8f49.jpg

They are sold individually, the main post takes 2 and there is a 3 total.
http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=139

Last edited by a moderator:

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
I'll know what I'll be getting with the next paycheck. They look like a great product!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Nice looking product.
Are the bushings 2 piece?
Never mind went to you web site and they are 2 piece bushings.

Last edited:

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
The Oilite bushings are designed to be self lubricating and do not require grease. We actually advise to clean off any grease before installing. If there is any need for lubricant the advise practice is to soak the bronze bushing in SAE 30 oil for a couple days, the bronze bushing will soak up oil and restore its self lubricating characteristics. This is something you can do in the summer if you feel your bushings have "dried" up.

Oilite bronze on a steel shaft is a great bearing surface.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'll be ordering one...I agree on the oilite on a shaft... though the mild steel tube of the Polaris steering stub-post is hardly "true round"... I'll probably still use a light grease as it will also inhibit corosion of the tube.

Nice work OFT!!

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I bought three but I'll probably only use two and keep the top one plastic so it breaks first.

Awesome product, I've turned several of my friends onto them. These will likely fly off the shelf

beeze455

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
I have talked with Rick many times on the Yamaha side of the world and he is a stand up guy with great products. His projects are always good reads too!

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Thanks for the good words guys! I know any of the Yamaha guys out there know how good OFT Racing's Billet/Oilite steering products work!

Thanks a lot for the orders we are shipping daily.

Mountain horse, you are completely correct. In our 4 years of making these products we have had to always figure in a tolerance for out of round steering posts. It's difficult to make a precision product to fit these less than precision parts. But that is why we have had pre production units out there last season as well as tested the production run on multiple sleds to double and Tripple check the tolerances.

Chad, let me know when you'll be around the shop and I'll swing a set of the pre production units by for you to check out. For some reason I can't seem to keep production units in my hands up here in AK. :face-icon-small-hap

That brings up, for those that don't know. OFT Racing is a Alaskan owned and operated company, but we do all our manufacturing and shipping out of Minnesota. So you guys aren't paying to ship from AK. We also ship everything USPS because we have so many international sales. We do the best we can to keep your shipping costs down.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
How many of these would you personally recommend to eliminate the slop in the handle bars side to side, back and forth. I appreciate your honest opinion. It's on a 13 Pro with 919 miles and what I would say is very tight compared to some of the showroom sleds I have jumped on.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
The two on the main post are going to remove any play in the steering post itself. The third would help eliminate play in the steering system. The Apex has a similar set up with 2 on the post and 1 on the sub shaft and typically people order 3 but I sell them individually so you can choose how many you want to replace.

Premium Features