• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Titanium Silencer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
this is one of our prototype Diamond S Titanium silencer it weighs 2.4 lbs the production silencers will be 2 lbs this is silencer we will be be get some footage Saturday of the stock silencer and the new titanium silencer I will post it up ASAP so you can hear the comparisons. We also have a silencer in the works that will be under 1.5 lbs this silencer will be a little louder

sound comparison stock versus titanium
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzjpnm_JOyY

Ti silencer.jpg

Last edited:
T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Ugh, ~8 pound loss...this guy is interested!!

Price point and will they be coated with anything to make them look puuurrrrty?

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Gotta love the yellowed weld color of Titanium!! Nice work Scott!

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Interesting pricing higher than the wildly popular hps...

I guess I'll be putting an hps on the ladies sled like mine.. The hps sounds good

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Sounds great, looks great, lost weight.....good enough for most people.

Any increase in power?

And especailly is it designed to not take away HP or tourqe?

Or is the weight savings the only take-away?

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Interesting pricing higher than the wildly popular hps...

I guess I'll be putting an hps on the ladies sled like mine.. The hps sounds good

I'm guessing that the cost of the titanium is substantially higher than the material hps is using.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm guessing that the cost of the titanium is substantially higher than the material hps is using.

You are correct, additionally the preparation and welding take three to four times as long, due to titanium is destroyed if oxygenated ( at welding temperatures all oxygen must be excluded from the hot titanium (both sides) or it is destroyed). This is primarily why titanium costs so much also. It needs to be smelted in either in vacuum or with an inert gas blanket excluding oxygen from the furnace. Great stuff though, you just need to know it's particular quirks to machine and weld it properly.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton

Oh ya thought about that also.

Just saying the hps is already one of the higher priced cans but sells well because of its looks, sound, and weight loss.

This titanium can has a hell of a hill to climb to take sales from hps and being more expensive than an established expensive can seems like a poor choice.

But what do I know... I do know basically every American company nowadays trys selling their product for as much as they possibly can with no regard for a "fair" price. I just can't see a price tag of just under 5 bills for this being"fair".

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010

Depends on alloys, but "Ti" can be 100x more per lb than "Al'. Ti is much more dense, but has different properties allowing you to use less of it, depending on the application. Thermal properties are very different. Can't argue about how sexy a Ti can is.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
For less than $60.00 a lb. wouldn’t this be the cheapest 8 lb. reduction you could do to the pro ? A carbon fiber gas tank is 8 lbs. and costs $1,800.00.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I just hope it's not obnoxious and it has a "trail can" sound... If so I might need one and that front bumper your making.

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
I think $475 for an 8# loss is a good price point, we always want cheaper. I hope it's quieter than an HPS cause I don't like it's tone

Premium Features