• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls Cycle 900 ride report

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I had the chance to ride the 900 this past weekend. We had a stock '13, a
'12 900, a '13 900 and (2) '13 turbos. I rode the 900 last year a couple times and I can tell you Carls Cycle has done some work since then. I have NEVER rode a sled with better throttle repsonse. The fueling and clutching is 100% spot on. It hit so hard on the bottom I thought I would break something(no pun intended); the power is instantaneous!! Bottom end and mid range power is better than any other sled I have rode and the top end is only beat by the turbos after 6-7lbs. I compare the bottom end response and pull of the 900 to my previous 1140 twin Carls Cycle/Crankshop motor. I honestly think, without a doubt, that if boondocking and tree riding is your poison, you will not find a better set-up. In comparing the 900 to the other sleds...well, compared to the stocker there is no comparison. Compared to the turbo, the 900 has better throttle response and pulls better on the bottom, mid range pull is comparable to the new 2863 Tial with intercooler(which runs amazing by the way) and of course the turbo is faster on top, but only at or above 6-7lbs of boost. I cant say enough good things about the new Carls 900.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Is there a claimed Hp number available for the is motor package.

Nope. Carls won't put out a hp number b/c they know how they can be manipulated and it turns into a numbers game. PSI ring a bell for anyone... Carl's is lucky b/c they have done the hard work and continually prove theIraq stuff just flat works year after year. Hmmm, maybe that isn't luck...., but I'm sure "they didn't build that" :face-icon-small-dis

pv

ROCKNESTER

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
CHICO, CA
www.boondockersmovie.com
12' Carl's 900 in Cali...

Picked up my 12' Carl's 900 last weekend, haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but i am super excited to hop on this sled. I've heard nothing but awesome comments and i'm sure it'll rip! I'll post more once i've had a chance to get some seat time on the sled.

D
Dec 27, 2011
Carl's 900

Just got my Carl's 900 two weeks ago. I live in McCall Id. It is running really rich and at about 6000 rpm just strait up bogs down. Any ideas out there. I am going to call Carl's today but I can defiantly tell that this sled will rip once I get it dialed in.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Dusty, that's a bummer to hear, but I'm sure the boys at Carl's will take great care of you!!! let us know when that monster wakes up!!!

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Just got my Carl's 900 two weeks ago. I live in McCall Id. It is running really rich and at about 6000 rpm just strait up bogs down. Any ideas out there. I am going to call Carl's today but I can defiantly tell that this sled will rip once I get it dialed in.

Im surprised. The two I rode were spot on. I doubt it is a fueling issue as they have it dialed. Bet it is something goffy. You get ahold of them yet?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dusty,

Was your sled running perfectly Before you installed the kit?

Premium Features