• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'96 670 summit not getting gas

D
Feb 3, 2011
Purchased the sled with one side burned down. Had the cylinder worked over and put in a new piston, new plugs, cleaned the jets. Starts and runs with 2-3 primes but won't stay running unless I continue to prime. Even tried a different coil, same result. Any suggestions? Do the fuel pumps go out on these frequently?

S
Feb 10, 2009
Gooding Id
check the pickup tube in the tank make sure it has not broke off or its filter is not plugged. and make sure your line is good from fuel pump to the crank case. for the vacum

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Purchased the sled with one side burned down. Had the cylinder worked over and put in a new piston, new plugs, cleaned the jets. Starts and runs with 2-3 primes but won't stay running unless I continue to prime. Even tried a different coil, same result. Any suggestions? Do the fuel pumps go out on these frequently?

Good advice from the previous posts....if it runs at all it's not the coil, the fuel pumps are pretty reliable, could it be the pump? yes, but highly doubt it. Sounds to me like plugged pilots jets, you say you cleaned the jets but did you remove them all (pilot jet included) and soak em and blow em out good?

Jun 22, 2008
idaho
i just finished the same not fueling issue today and the primers were pulling air crimp your primer lines and start it if it runs and stays runing then you need a new primer it will pull air before fuel and the system relys on vacum pressure to pull fuel out of carbs alos make sure your carbs are tight on the motor

B
Apr 6, 2010
before you buy

Test out your fuel pump before you buy a new one - it is just a diaphram - not much to go wrong. Presure it with your mouth - the manual has a test for it...simple easy.

Most likely you have a crack in a fuel line or the primer somewhere....but it could be a multitude of things....

I had similiar problems, but had connected up my vaccum lines wrong. Look at the diagram in the manual....one of the HAC lines goes to atmosphere....or it won't run right.

I put a bit of grease on each vac line and then used baby tie wraps to make sure my vac and fuel lines aren't sucking air - cheap insurance....

let us know what you find out.

Premium Features