• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just got my first sled

G
Sep 16, 2011
Duluth MN
Been riding other peoples crap on and off the last few years, decided to get my own now. It was a cheap $700, 2001 Snopro 440. Oil injected and pump gas. Seat is torn, motor needs some small things looked at, gas is 2 years old and smells terrible. Still, it runs.

I'm looking for some carb boots, looks like the power valves have a drain? well the right one is missing part of it, need the plug for the clutch cover on the body, the fuel pump isn't an arctic cat one and is just sitting there, the motor seems to be loose, anyways it needs some attention. Nothing major, but lots of little things to make it solid. Any hints or info on this stuff would be appreciated.

IMG_1868.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Welcome to the site:beer;

Head on down to the Arctic Cat section, I'm sure the folks there can answer any questions you could ever think of about your new ride:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Congratulations on your first PROJECT SLED.

Head on over to the ARCTIC CAT forum and I am sure you will find all the help you need in restoring your new kitten back to her former self!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Been riding other peoples crap on and off the last few years, decided to get my own now. It was a cheap $700, 2001 Snopro 440. Oil injected and pump gas. Seat is torn, motor needs some small things looked at, gas is 2 years old and smells terrible. Still, it runs.

I'm looking for some carb boots, looks like the power valves have a drain? well the right one is missing part of it, need the plug for the clutch cover on the body, the fuel pump isn't an arctic cat one and is just sitting there, the motor seems to be loose, anyways it needs some attention. Nothing major, but lots of little things to make it solid. Any hints or info on this stuff would be appreciated.

IMG_1868.jpg

this is where it starts. Get a second on the home.very addicting sport and you R never done.Welcome

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Like the other guys said head to the Cat section, but one thing for sure drain or suck all that old fuel out before you do anything else, that stuff is a killer to motors!!:face-icon-small-fro

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Take out EVERY bolt in the rear suspension and put Red locktite in them and then reinstal. Make sure to check the mounting bolts for the skid every 1000 miles or less.

Engine is fairly reliable in these and the suspension is good minus the bolts coming loose issue.

G
Sep 16, 2011
Duluth MN
Thanks for the tips guys! I just pulled the carbs, found mice in the air box and uhhh, yeah in the reeds lol. This poor thing has been sitting for way too long. Carbs are all sticky with rotten gas, theres gel on everything.

C

CF7SP

Nov 27, 2007
Rhinelander, WI
I had that same exact sled...very fun sled! Make sure you check the suspension like mentioned above. Another thing is make sure that you retard the timing on it to -2 or -3...this is to ensure that you keep pistons together...you can tell a difference when you retard the timing to +1 or +2...however the performance gains are not worth $250 in pistons, down time, and possibly renicking the cylinders...just speaking from experience! haha...other than that...gas and go, be safe, and have a ton of fun on that over achiever 440!

Premium Features