• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ARTIC CAT MAGNETIC TETHER for AXYS sled adapter.

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
Hello to anyone looking to buy and use the Arctic Cat Magnetic Tether.
Because Arctic Cat does not sell a separate plug connector to install their tether into any sled, Im making up and making available a plug with about a foot length of wiring using the same exact sealed locking plug Arctic Cat uses where you can wire it into any sled.
Send me a pm for more info.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
Getting closer to having some ready, connector in the center is for 850 polaris owners.

attachment.php

DSC05469.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
N
Apr 9, 2018
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4169485#post4169485

The plug on the back side of tether is totally different than the Deutch Connector, special locking sealed plug. Also testing shows wiring into tether requires the correct wire sequence in order to work. Testing was not easy when it comes to allowing me to test on a BRAND new 850.

Thanks for getting this figured out Brett, look forward to getting the harnesses and getting them installed...once the sled shows up of course ??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Price and availability for this adapter pigtail?

Where are you located?

For the Polaris Sleds.... with your adapter... IS the correct TETHER Arctic Cat part # is 8639-074??

Thank you,
MH

Last edited:

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
Price and availability for this adapter pigtail?

Where are you located?

For the Polaris Sleds.... with your adapter... IS the correct TETHER Arctic Cat part # is 8639-074??

Thank you,
MH

The correct part number for the two stroke sleds is 8639-074, the part number for the four stroke sleds is 8639-075.
I live in Northern Idaho and harnesses are shipped from that area.

Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Do you have one for the older polaris ProRide harness?

AND/OR can you provide the mating connector for me to install onto my harness (to mate with this new, better, sealed connector)

Thx.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
^^^ As MH had asked- I have several clients that would like for the older Pro's 11-15 and the Axys 2016-2018..

I recall the female connection is the same under the hood- and willing to change that to your requirements as you had stated previously, you would favor that watertight connection.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
J
Feb 26, 2018
Got to look at my harness from klim-in today.

Very nice workmanship. Looks to be a quality unit.

Now if only my new sled would show up...

Premium Features