• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Pipe Info for 850

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I don't believe no single, I think someone was jerking your chain. I have a friend that is number 38 on the waiting list to get one, he ordered it last March when he snow checked the 850. He has talked to them recently and they said should be Decemberish when they are ready. Maybe there will not be anymore available except to those on the waiting list because so many have been spoken for.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Here is a screenshot.
They aren't tiny glass-packs.
I don't know what is on the inside, but they look to be very similar (but a little smaller) in demension to my Dynoport Barker can on my single. That Dynoport can isn't crisp like the old glass-packs.

attachment.php

In the last year or two they started making 2 styles of their cans, the normal fairly quiet ones and the competition series. The one in this pic is the competition series can for a single pipe.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Ha, good point. I see how you are looking at that. I will likely swap out the heavy stock can for a lighter can that will be louder. But the SLP cans have typically been the more quiet cans of aftermarket lightweight cans. You could go HPS or some of these titanium cans and save a ton of weight. But they get loud. So to answer your question, I want to save the weight but just not get too loud.

Why not go with diamond-s titanium quiet can? Best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
That's what I'm going with diamond-s stainless can.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I don't believe no single, I think someone was jerking your chain. I have a friend that is number 38 on the waiting list to get one, he ordered it last March when he snow checked the 850. He has talked to them recently and they said should be Decemberish when they are ready. Maybe there will not be anymore available except to those on the waiting list because so many have been spoken for.

Okay......Well SLP needs to get their stories straight then.

I just got off the phone with them and the single pipe set for the 850 is still in pre-production. According to the rep. I spoke with on the phone, he claims they are taking pre-orders and they will most likely NOT be available this season. He went on to say that with everything going on and the focus on the new twin pipes, the single pipe will be secondary and come later.

He went onto to say that the twin pipes are still in pre-production as well and they were not sure what they will be going with as far as a programmer. With regard to the twin pipe silencer, he said they were shooting for something bigger then a stinger / race, glass pack silencer but not as big as their standard can. He had no idea on the noise level at this time.

He also claimed that the new silencer for the 850 that will match up with their single pipe and the stock pipe should be available in the next couple weeks.

So, with that said, I just want some real answers, as it seems we all get different information ?!?!?!

Will there be a single pipe set from SLP this year????

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
In the last year or two they started making 2 styles of their cans, the normal fairly quiet ones and the competition series. The one in this pic is the competition series can for a single pipe.

Their post on that picture says:
"Building some more of the Polaris 850 competition silencers. Coming soon."

Not sure how you interpreted that, but since they told me that they are not building a single pipe for the 850, I would interpret these silencers are for the twins.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

Not sure how you interpreted that, but since they told me that they are not building a single pipe for the 850, I would interpret these silencers are for the twins.

Probably just a competition can to use with the stock pipe.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I dont know much about building pipes but at what displacement does the twins become more usable vs a single? For example, carls 910 back in the day was never offered with a single just twins as far as i know. I assume at larger displacements the twins just have better flow and easier to use than a much larger single? It is only 40cc more than the 800 though so might not be a big deal either. Obviously these older engines were all usually higher compression etc but as we see in everything, they make more power with less compression on the newer mills.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I dont know much about building pipes but at what displacement does the twins become more usable vs a single? For example, carls 910 back in the day was never offered with a single just twins as far as i know. I assume at larger displacements the twins just have better flow and easier to use than a much larger single? It is only 40cc more than the 800 though so might not be a big deal either. Obviously these older engines were all usually higher compression etc but as we see in everything, they make more power with less compression on the newer mills.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Newer motors tend to have lower compression when tested but that doesn’t show dynamic (running) compression.

I wonder how the dynamic compression would compare?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Yeah assuming thats just a can for a stocker.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Okay......Well SLP needs to get their stories straight then.

I just got off the phone with them and the single pipe set for the 850 is still in pre-production. According to the rep. I spoke with on the phone, he claims they are taking pre-orders and they will most likely NOT be available this season. He went on to say that with everything going on and the focus on the new twin pipes, the single pipe will be secondary and come later.

He went onto to say that the twin pipes are still in pre-production as well and they were not sure what they will be going with as far as a programmer. With regard to the twin pipe silencer, he said they were shooting for something bigger then a stinger / race, glass pack silencer but not as big as their standard can. He had no idea on the noise level at this time.

He also claimed that the new silencer for the 850 that will match up with their single pipe and the stock pipe should be available in the next couple weeks.

So, with that said, I just want some real answers, as it seems we all get different information ?!?!?!

Will there be a single pipe set from SLP this year????

What you just typed, is basically what was in my first post.

SLP

Premium Member
Okay guys, I'm really glad you are all so excited for the 850 Patriot and what we at SLP are working on for it. There is some mis-information being spread around (and some may have even come from here) that I'm going to address.

1) Single Pipe: SLP will have a single pipe for the 850, but this early in the development cycle makes it impossible to nail down a date. One thing I can say is that when we release it, it will be really good. We are currently taking pre-orders for this, as when they come available they will be shipping in the order that they were placed (first in, first out). They are priced at $749.95. If you are interested in a single, get your order in to insure your place in line.

2) Twin Pipes: SLP will have twin pipes available for the 850. With the new advances in OEM technology as well as some new tricks up our sleeve, these twins are showing incredible gains both on bottom as well as on top. With an extremely broad horsepower and torque curve at peak power, coupled with significant bottom end gains, these are not your grandpa’s twin pipes. Technology is allowing us to do things we never were able to do before.

They utilize a unique glass pack design with a sound level that we expect will pass the stationary sound test. When at wide open throttle with the exhaust valves open they will be louder than stock, with a similar sound level to our "Competition Series Silencers", but not mind blowing loud like some of the other silencers you have seen on the market from our competitors.

Fuel mapping changes and clutching changes will be required.

They will first be available at high elevation as the snow will be there first and that gives us the opportunity to perfect the clutching and fuel mapping there (above 4700'). We plan to expand into the lower elevations as snow conditions allow for further testing there.

As far as pricing goes, it has not been established yet and will not be until we get closer to the completion of the project, so that we can know what our costs are going to be. We will keep this as cost effective as possible and horsepower per dollar spent is going to be really good on this one.

As for horsepower, we have not released numbers yet as we are still in development, but I can say that you are going to be impressed. This 850 is responding well to these twin pipes and it's going to be fast!

Availability based on what we know right now will be around the first of the year (January 1, 2019). This date could move up or back based on how things go with this project.

If you are interested in a set, place an order with us. They will be shipped in the order that they are placed. There is no cost to place an order to insure your place in line, as we won't charge you until they ship.

3) We already have a number of products that are currently available for the 850 Patriot.

Standard Lightweight Silencer - Saves 7.7 pounds of weight
PicNic'R style Lightweight Silencer - Saves 7.1 pounds of weight
Competition Series Ultra Lite Silencer - Saves 9.3 pounds of weight

Power Shift Clutch Kits with SLP Magnum Force Weights
Hot Air Elimination Chassis Vent Kits
High Flow Air Intake Kit
Mohawk, Powder Pro and Straight Line Tracking Skis
Heavy Duty Ice Scratchers
Powder Valve kits

4) We are also working on a Torque Arm, Stage Tuning Kits and Power Dome Billet Heads that we expect to be available this snow season.

We will try to keep you informed as our development on product for this new 850 Partiot engine progresses. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to call.

Thanks,

Jerry Mathews
Starting Line Products, Inc.
(208)529-0244

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Thanks SLP for the update. But I'm so confused from two days ago when I called. I was told no single and the competition can was not ready. I was also told an astounding 20 HP for the twins. So I hope the post above is more accurate. I got in line back in June for the single. I wonder if my name is there anywhere.
Thanks again

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
What you just typed, is basically what was in my first post.

Yeah I realize that.......I was just simply stating what I was told today and with all the different information coming in on this topic, I thought it was relevant.

Premium Features