• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Husqvarna FC450 vs KTM SX 450

B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
Any difference in snow bike application? The plastic subframe and airbox I know is different. I know I will be modding the aitbox out, but is the plastic subframe and issue in the cold?

Many thanks. Found a great deal on a holdover 2015, plus I really like the Husky plastic. And that I rode them in the Open Class in the 80's doesn't hurt from a nostalgia perspective. LOL

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I picked up a FC 450... I have not heard anyone complain about strength issues on the poly-whatever subframe material. I have a 13 450 SX sitting next to it in the garage. Aside from the airbox design and a few other changes, same exact bike. Most importantly, same exact motor and trans.

It will be a great snowbike.... and I got the color matched white 16 LT coming so it'll be sexy as hell too.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Pretty much the same bike, other than a couple little things that won't affect a snow bike application. There is bigger rebates on the KTM than the Husky though. Problem is finding any now. Hopefully someone close to you has one. For me I would go Husky just for the color, love the white and blue.

Premium Features