• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New belts are in the Mail

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Dealer just called me, everybody gets a new belt and another year of warranty:face-icon-small-hap so 3 years warranty on snow checks now

I will gladly take a free belt BUT ...........I dont need it, I have 950 miles on my M800 Retro and nothing has fallen off, nothing has broke, Belt is still fine:face-icon-small-coo

Let me edit that a little, I have 800 miles on original belt and 150 on spare just because I wanted to put some miles on it as I dont like putting on a NEW belt on during a ride.

Last edited:

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
You should still be entitled to one anyway as you still could loose that stock belt? One yr. of warranty will help, but what happens if you trade in for a '13 sled, does it transfer over or is it just lost? They should give people a free upgrade to the '13 modifications and new side panels if darn near worn thru! Basically some of those things won't be under warranty and should be! Mike

I
Dec 6, 2007
Eagle, CO
My dealer called as well and said that we get an extra year and that they will need to change out the chaincase gears on the 4 strokes. He didnt say a thing about a new belt though.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
My dealer called as well and said that we get an extra year and that they will need to change out the chaincase gears on the 4 strokes. He didnt say a thing about a new belt though.

That is probably a 4 stroke reverse fix, only 2 stroke getting belts as far as I know

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Dave, I've blown 2 in 300 miles, so I'll take that unneeded belt off your hands.

Hmmmmmmmmm No but I will give you the extra warranty as I never keep a sled that long, probably get a 2013 anyway

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I can confirm this! I have seen the letter. I think its a great move by Cat! My belts have been lasting but hotter than i think they should be. Granted there are a few little things that need to be worked out,bottim line imo you will see this with every new design. I guess im tired of all the bitching! Nobody forced anybody to buy a new proclimb, so if your unhappy sell it buy another brand and move to that forum and complain. I know that my dealer also sells polaris and hates dealing with there warranty. I toyed with the pro rmk idea but he talked me out of it for warranty reason. One last thing before everybody gets all gooed up over the new belt drive remember it probably had 3 yrs of testing as well just like the tcl. So if the new pro has any issue at all i guess it can be blamed in the new belt drive.
Just sayin

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Ok so someone tell us is it a third year warranty on snowcheck 800's and the 1100 Turbos too?

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Would this apply to a snowchecked XF 800 High Country as well? My buddy has one, although he hasn't had any problem yet...other than loosing all his coolant due to a leaking hose fitting down at the bottom of the engine bay.

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
‎2012 Arctic Cat Pro Cross / Pro Climb 800 owners, you will be getting this letter in the mail: February 15, 2012 Dear Arctic Cat Snowmobile Owner, Our records indicate you are a registered owner of a 2012 Arctic Cat ProClimb M 800 / HCR 800 or ProCross XF 800 High Country snowmobile. Arctic Cat has determined that some 2012 ProClimb M 800 / HCR 800 and ProCross XF 800 High Country snowmobiles have experienced belt failures and are not meeting our performance expectations. While many snowmobiles appear to be unaffected, to ensure we maintain our own high standards, we have specifically designed a new High Output drive belt (p/n 0627-084) for the demanding requirements of mountain riding. Enclosed with this letter is your new drive belt free of charge. Please replace your current drive belt with this new one and follow the drive belt break in procedures. Keep the old one as a spare. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused but are pleased to announce you will be receiving an ADDITIONAL 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Please contact your Arctic Cat dealer between September 1st and November 30th, 2012 to schedule your 2012 ProClimb 800 or ProCross XF 800 High Country snowmobile to complete any outstanding service bulletins at no charge to you. Your snowmobile was purchased with 12 months factory warranty and 12 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract, for a total of 2 Years. Once your dealer completes any outstanding updates on your snowmobile, Arctic Cat will add an additional 12 months of Cat Care Extended Service Contract for a total of 3 Years Warranty (12 months Factory Warranty and 24 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract) from purchase date. Arctic Cat is taking this extraordinary action because we share your passion for the sport of snowmobiling and appreciate your support of our product.

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
February 15, 2012

Dear Arctic Cat Snowmobile Owner,
Our records indicate you are a registered owner of a 2012 Arctic Cat ProCross or
ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile. Arctic Cat has determined that some 2012 ProCross and ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobiles incorporated reverse gear shift components that are not meeting our performance expectations. While many snowmobiles appear to be unaffected, to ensure we maintain our own high standards, we will be incorporating new reverse shift components in the 2013 models and we would like to update your 2012 ProCross and ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile with the new components. We are currently working with our suppliers to expedite the production and incorporation of the replacement components; however, it is not expected to be completed in time to update all snowmobiles this winter.
Effective immediately - If you have experienced any missed shifts, please
discontinue use of the reverse function on your snowmobile. The 2012
ProCross/ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile will perform as designed in
forward gear without the reverse function utilized.
We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused but are pleased to
announce you will be receiving an ADDITIONAL 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Please contact
your Arctic Cat dealer between September 1st and November 30th, 2012 to schedule your 2012 ProCross or ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile reverse update and to complete any outstanding service bulletins at no charge to you.
Your snowmobile was purchased with 12 months factory warranty and 12 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract, for a total of 2 Years. Once your dealer completes this update on your snowmobile, Arctic Cat will add an additional 12 months of Cat Care Extended Service Contract for a total of 3 Years Warranty (12 months Factory Warranty and 24 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract) from purchase date. Arctic Cat is taking this extraordinary action because we share your passion for the sport of snowmobiling and appreciate your support of our product.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
February 15, 2012

Dear Arctic Cat Snowmobile Owner,
Our records indicate you are a registered owner of a 2012 Arctic Cat ProCross or
ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile. Arctic Cat has determined that some 2012 ProCross and ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobiles incorporated reverse gear shift components that are not meeting our performance expectations. While many snowmobiles appear to be unaffected, to ensure we maintain our own high standards, we will be incorporating new reverse shift components in the 2013 models and we would like to update your 2012 ProCross and ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile with the new components. We are currently working with our suppliers to expedite the production and incorporation of the replacement components; however, it is not expected to be completed in time to update all snowmobiles this winter.
Effective immediately - If you have experienced any missed shifts, please
discontinue use of the reverse function on your snowmobile. The 2012
ProCross/ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile will perform as designed in
forward gear without the reverse function utilized.
We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused but are pleased to
announce you will be receiving an ADDITIONAL 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Please contact
your Arctic Cat dealer between September 1st and November 30th, 2012 to schedule your 2012 ProCross or ProClimb 1100cc 4-stroke snowmobile reverse update and to complete any outstanding service bulletins at no charge to you.
Your snowmobile was purchased with 12 months factory warranty and 12 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract, for a total of 2 Years. Once your dealer completes this update on your snowmobile, Arctic Cat will add an additional 12 months of Cat Care Extended Service Contract for a total of 3 Years Warranty (12 months Factory Warranty and 24 months Cat Care Extended Service Contract) from purchase date. Arctic Cat is taking this extraordinary action because we share your passion for the sport of snowmobiling and appreciate your support of our product.

I would have to say this pleases me greatly. This shows confidence in what they have built other than the chaincase reverse crap.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
So is it time to thank the "whiners" (all you non-whiners out there).

I say not yet. Let's see what else we can get LOL.

I want all new plastic that fits, bigger clear tank, smaller oil tank,...

Ahh, forget it, but I think it may get boring in here without the whining. Don't you?

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
This is good news for the 1100t owners. Hopefully the reverse fix will work. Turning these things around by hand sucks. As for the 800, I don't think a new belt is fixing the problem. It will help, and at least Cat is not sticking there head in the sand. That extra year warranty can be worth a lot if something major fails.

Premium Features