• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New IQ owner - A rebuild project

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Bought an 07 600 155 for a good price that needs some work. Now it is home, questions are arising. Chassis has about 500 miles, but carb boots created an issue and the owner put one cylinder together wrong and destroyed the cyl, piston and head.

1. Cylinder needs replaced. Can they be sleeved? Best place for a rebuilt one?

2. Need 1 piston. Are stock pistons elka? That mark is on the top of one.

3. Front nose/bumper weakness. I know bumpers are available, but has anyone just strengthened the existing area under or over the plate in the nose? Seems a couple of well placed stronger pieces could strengthen it up a little.

4. What ski width do stock a-arms give you? Would after market ones narrow it or widen it. I see after market come in different sizes. Suggestions for best boondocking, trees and freestyle type riding?

5. Ride @ 3-6k, what head options out there besides stock.

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
snowlover..

Since you have a bad jug and you are asking q's on performance you might look into a Carl's Performance 660 big bore kit for this sled. Do some research and you will see it's about the ultimate option for your sled when you factor cost..performance..reliability..experience. Once you are done you treat it exactly like the stock 600 except it's now stronger then a stock 800 iq raw.

do....
buy an 09 plastic kit with factory stock metal bumper
buy better boards and bars
add 6" woody's wear bars to the stock grippers
trim the 5.1 track to 2.1" and install inset screws
get correct riser for your height

fix and ride as a stock 600

should do....
Carl's 660 kit top to bottom
clutch kit
better shocks
find some 09 spindles
holz a-arms 40" (stock is 39")

if the bottom end is good you can expect well over another 6000 trouble free hard riding mtn miles prior to any major mechanical engine service with a 660. The cranks are excellent and the combo is proven.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Thanks for the comments. I have read comments, including yours about the 600. The 660 is on the wish list. Once I get the suspension done, and my 800 Edge sold, I will then be ready to get serious.

Premium Features