• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

In tank fuel filter, 07 RMK?

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Is there an in tank fuel filter on the RMK'S. Looking at the microfiche, it looks like it is at the end of the fuel line, and it just says "mesh". I want to pull that line out and take a look at it, any secrets to taking it out?

Thanks, Skylar.

C
Oct 22, 2008
MN
i belive the fuel filter is on the outside of the tank, the 2 mesh deals are just the fuel pick up and the other piece on the line is a fuel vapor seperator.

what sled do u have?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Is there an in tank fuel filter on the RMK'S. Looking at the microfiche, it looks like it is at the end of the fuel line, and it just says "mesh". I want to pull that line out and take a look at it, any secrets to taking it out?

Thanks, Skylar.

There are 2 fuel pickups and each one has a screen on it. They do prevent junk from getting into the lines, but they are not there to filter the fuel. They are there to close the fuel pickup when it is above fuel level. The screen allows fuel to flow thru when submersed. When it is above fuel, the screen acts like a solid and vacuum pulls the valve closed so fuel can be sucked thru the second pickup.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Are you sure there are two pick ups? Here is the microfiche picture, I see only one? Is it a pain to get out?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
That is the Carbureted version fuel tank...

If that is what you have, carbed... part #13 is a weight/strainer... you should be able to fish that up with a coat hanger to check if it is gummed up.

If that is NOT what you have, then this is the wrong fiche picture.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
MH, yes, mine is carbed. I do want to check it and see if there is anything stuck in it. So I can just bend the fuel line in the tank to get the end of it near the neck? Or should I pull the whole thing out?

C
Oct 22, 2008
MN
MH, yes, mine is carbed. I do want to check it and see if there is anything stuck in it. So I can just bend the fuel line in the tank to get the end of it near the neck? Or should I pull the whole thing out?

its up to you, its really easy to pull out of tank or like mtnhorse said get a clothes hanger and fish it out

R
Jan 3, 2008
fuel pick up

it is a soft rubber line disgned to be in gas very easy to find and pull out with a stiff wire if your tank isn't mounted yet just take the bulkhead fitting out

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks for all the help guys, I just fished it out this morning, everything looked good.:beer;

Premium Features