• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jumping ? and assault for sale?

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
first, when i hit little jumps and such, all i can seem to do is stand the sled straight up on the track. its a 2007 700 155 dragon, i can not seem to get it to "fly" it just sends the front end straight up. do i need more speed?

2nd, i want to find a 2007/2008 600 155 for my gf to ride if anyone has one, But i also would like to find a 2009 assault with a blown motor, or missing motor, where would i look?

S

SaskRMK

Sep 7, 2010
Saskatoon,SK
combination of speed and grabbing a blast of throttle right before take off followed by some brake in the air to level it out in most cases

S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
Hit it harder and let off the throttle on the lip of the jump. I might have the sled your looking for also. 09 Assault 146 seized today. If the dealer doesn't warrenty it I cant afford to fix it.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i guess i will have to grow a pair. lol. i picture hitting it harder in my head, but since the front goes straight up, i picture it going up and backwards and on top of me lol ill find out next time i ride!

pm me the situation with your assault if they dont warranty it.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Too much throttle at the top. As said, more speed and let off about the time your skis leave the snow...not too early though or you're gonna end up with the opposite result :)

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks guys! i will try and hit it harder and let off at the top. might be heading up tomorrow.... and friday... maybe sunday too

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Throttle in the air bring the track down and the skis up. Brake in the air will make the front end come down. Be careful that you don't grab too much brake, too much and you can noseplant pretty bad.

Sounds like you need more speed at take off.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
like most times in sledding THROTTLE is the answer! Check to make sure the health ins. is paid up first though ! Soaring is easy landing is hard:flame:

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Let off right at the top of the lip in most cases. Learn to ride with one finger on the brake at all times. one small touch of the brake when the sled is nosed up should bring it down. start small and get the hang of using throttle and brake i the air then work your way up you'll be doing heel clickers and whips in no time!!! next is to try the re-entrie....:face-icon-small-hap

pic9.jpg

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i want to do the re-entry BAD but i need to learn to jump first lol. this is my first season really on the iq raw chassis. spent the last 2-3 seasons on gen 2 chassis sleds, and a season before that on a 94 phazer. this is my first year of really doing "tricky" stuff. so far its going good and learning quick!

Premium Features