• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Noss install 2009 D8 800 the NPFI kit with pics

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
Boss Noss install 2009 D8 the NPFI kit with pics

I wasn't happy with the switches that came with the kit so I cut up the harness and used the P.E.R.C. button Polaris part number 4010874 for the push button switch and had some custom stickers make. I used a single pole switch for the on/off button and mounted it on the right side of the tank covering. I'm using an HPS can so the 5LB carbon fiber nitrous bottle will fit. I removed the air horns form the air box and angled the injectors so they feed right into the throttle bodies. I changed the output on the fuel bottle so I points up, this way there will be no way air will enter the bottle when I climb strait up, and it helps with clearance issues I had. I connected all the plastic lines so if I need to work on the sled I won't have to undo any of those lines just the main nos line. I'm running Trick fuel at 114 octane with a premix in the fuel bottle.

Dustin

002.jpg 003.jpg New iPhone 3gs #2 001.jpg New iPhone 3gs #2 003.jpg nos.jpg switch2.jpg switch.jpg

Last edited:

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I am hoping to pick mine up some time this week. Correct me if I am wrong, I was under the impression that I was mounting the injectors in FRONT of the carbs, not behind like in the past. My fuel dumps where mounted in the carb boots and that is where I am going to install the New nos/fuel injectors.

C
Jul 13, 2009
Boise, ID
nitrous kit questions

I like what I see. How does the fuel mix with the nitrous, does the fuel bottle have pressure and does it regulate nitrous bottle pressure. How much is the kit and what size bottle does it come with.

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
The nitrous pressure goes through a venturi which biases a spring creating a vacuum and sucks the fuel out of the bottle. They have a few different bottle sizes I went with the 5lb carbon fiber one but they also have an aluminum one too that holds 4lbs of gas.
I'm not a dealer for the kit but I know you can buy it from Cascade Playtime in WA. thats where I bought mine from at the snow show. http://www.cascadeplaytime.com I'm mainly doing this due to the fact that the boos noss website isn't up and the install directions aren't very detailed.

Last edited:

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Have you tried your sled yet to see how it pulls with the npfi kit? I just installed mine but I put my injectors in the reed boots, firing into the back of the reeds.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I have a 2007 dragon 700 rmk, slp pipe, can, boss noss npfi, with 30hp jets. I just installed it, we have no snow yet, but I had a issue with the kit. My engine was drawing fuel from the boss tank when the machine was running, causing it to flood out the PTO side cylinder. I found out that my new npfi inector from the kit was faulty. I have to contact boss on monday. Other then that, really happy with the kit.

Last edited:

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Boss Noss has excellent customer care. I called them this morning about the failed npfi injector and they sent me a new one out right away, with no charge. They just asked me to mail the old one back. That is good service in the aftermarket world.

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
I'm glad to hear they have good service. I'm trying mine out this next Sunday and will keep eveyone posted on how it works. (if it burns up at least I still have the piston recall to do)!

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
I wasn't happy with the switches that came with the kit so I cut up the harness and used the P.E.R.C. button Polaris part number 4010874 for the push button switch and had some custom stickers make. I used a single pole switch for the on/off button and mounted it on the right side of the tank covering. I'm using an HPS can so the 5LB carbon fiber nitrous bottle will fit. I removed the air horns form the air box and angled the injectors so they feed right into the throttle bodies. I changed the output on the fuel bottle so I points up, this way there will be no way air will enter the bottle when I climb strait up, and it helps with clearance issues I had. I connected all the plastic lines so if I need to work on the sled I won't have to undo any of those lines just the main nos line. I'm running Trick fuel at 114 octane with a premix in the fuel bottle.

Dustin

The update. This last Sunday was the first ride with the nitrous system on. The Boss Noss performed with out any problems and had great power too. I did notice a little fuel out of one of the injectors so I will be contacting Boss Noss to see if this is normal but 5LBS lasted all day and the race fuel bottle still had a good amount of fuel left.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The update. This last Sunday was the first ride with the nitrous system on. The Boss Noss performed with out any problems and had great power too. I did notice a little fuel out of one of the injectors so I will be contacting Boss Noss to see if this is normal but 5LBS lasted all day and the race fuel bottle still had a good amount of fuel left.

There may be a little dirt or something in the nozzle not letting the it seat so it leaks a little. Did you find anything out?

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I just got back from revelstoke, and it was the first time I used my new boss noss. Awsome! it made really good power, I picked up 800 rpm, and was not on my limiter. I made a long 20 second pull, and killed the engine to check my plugs, and they were a nice brown. I am running 111 in the seperate tank. I would recomend this system to anybody.:D

Premium Features