• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Used Can?

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I’m looking for a different can for my ‘16 M8000 limited. Right now there’s a few used ones for sale. An HPS, a TSS and a Silber. Which one would you recommend? Sound doesn’t matter to me, just looking for one that’s light and will not cause any bogging issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
my SSI ti is too loud for me but I can attest it does not bog and is the lightest you will find. its not as loud as other brand's race/mountain cans, but still too raspy for me. I have an early build 17, before they started putting exhaust deflectors on them. I've choked off the exhaust many times in powder but never had any annoying bogs. mines for sale but was actually thinking of keeping it until I am sure I get as good performance from my replacement. if it sells it sells, if it don't it don't. looks purdy on the shelf:face-icon-small-coo.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I’m looking for a different can for my ‘16 M8000 limited. Right now there’s a few used ones for sale. An HPS, a TSS and a Silber. Which one would you recommend? Sound doesn’t matter to me, just looking for one that’s light and will not cause any bogging issues.

I ran a Jaws trail can not to loud no bog worked great. I am running a Sled shed cooker can now I prefer the Jaws (until lunch time), it works good just a little louder, and I'm a little older.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My Bikeman powder lite was definitely light for a steel can, but it made too much noise and I could get it to choke under one certain condition. Sound seemed cool for the first season then got more annoying. Running a Diamond S Ti quiet can now. No bogs on my 900 and fit much better than the Bikeman unit after I added a spring to hold it down against the belly pan (no instructions come with it, but pretty sure that's the way it's intended).

Out of the ones you have listed I'd pick the HPS. Haven't run one personally but I've seen them and build quality seemed good. They also spend time in development to make sure anything they produce works.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I like how hps changes up the bottom contour of the exit flange to the belly pan depending on what year you have. I tweaked the flange on the SSI just a hair to seat it better on my 17MC. neither uses a lower frame mount apparently tho, something I like better on other cans I've seen (DS). but the ssi and hps probably seal better than most down there. however I'm not sure flange seal is much important on these, they suck air from outside unless you've modified the intake somehow.

beerios5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2013
east kootney
If u can find a MPX used, I am really happy with mine. Sounds great and is re-packable if it gets to loud. Search on eBay. Not to bad of a price new either.

Premium Features