• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Tether Switch Kit

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
We now have the Polaris Tethers up on our site for secure ordering.

https://www.gobigparts.com/polaris-tether-switch-kit.html

IMG_20171116_192558.jpg

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Under the dash next to steering stem is a waterproof valcro bag. In there you will find the female (i think) end of the plug that the tether plugs into.

Where I have mine mounted it is a very easy wire route and reach to the plug. All I did is used a razor knife to cut back the foam behind the plastic where I drilled the 1/2" hole for mounting switch.

Do not use washer because if you do the inner part of the switch will not stick out far enough to fully engage so sled will start. The back side is plenty large enough for where I have mine mounted that no washer is needed. I hope this helps. These are very important for safety and the reason I am selling the OEM one is because It does not freeze up and has been the most reliable.

IMG_20171116_192945.jpg

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
$13.00 shipping, yikes!!

Where you located. That seems higher than what our site says for US. If this happens to anyone I can calculate to your zip.

I just checked and it is $9.95 in the US. Which is still high and that is why I took $2 off of the price of the tether which brings down more like $7.95, which is what a small priority flate rate box is. My site is set-up on table based shipping right now. Not much mark up on these tethers.

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My bad, it was $9.95 not $13. Was still asleep. Just ordered one.

Thanks for order. We will mail it out tomorrow. You had me confused on that one becuase I don't think we have a $13.95 shipping anywhere on the site unless someone asks specifically for a shipping quote out country or something.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Not to hijack the thread but does anybody on here know if you can get just the cap and red cord from Polaris? Or maybe just a replacement cord? I snagged mine on a tree last year and ripped the cord. Luckily I found the cap in the snow after it popped off...

Ive got it pieced back together w/ zip ties but I would prefer a new replacement but I don't want to spend $40 on the whole kit. I'm afraid the aftermarket ones may not fit right???

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Not to hijack the thread but does anybody on here know if you can get just the cap and red cord from Polaris? Or maybe just a replacement cord? I snagged mine on a tree last year and ripped the cord. Luckily I found the cap in the snow after it popped off...

Ive got it pieced back together w/ zip ties but I would prefer a new replacement but I don't want to spend $40 on the whole kit. I'm afraid the aftermarket ones may not fit right???

I could not find anything on Polaris anything. However, I have this one for $9.50 if you want to try it. This one was the one called for under Polaris. The picture below shows the cap and cord. The one under it is the switch is mounts to which looks indentical to polaris switch except the plug looks like it is for an older indy model or something.

Here is the link for the cap/cord https://www.gobigparts.com/tether-cord-and-cap.html

kx011113.jpg

kx011114.jpg

Last edited:

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Everyone needs a tether. Polaris should build every sled with one.
So this doesn’t happen to someone else. Track damage.
Holy chit!! :eek:

That's quite the leg ya got there!

I have NEVER understood why some sleds don't come with a tether!! IT'S STUPID!! I'll be honest, I didn't wear a tether for LONG time when I got into snowmobiling. After seeing a few videos and pictures of stuff like this, I always wear one now!

Premium Features