• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great customer service from Garmin!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So 2 of my 4 Garmin 650s pooped the bed. Won't even turn on now. Started with poor battery life and progressed to complete electronic death. My warehouse mgr called Garmin to return them and she got the run around. I called today and in 10 minutes I had and RMA number for return. Super easy. They are going to ship me a refurbed unit out the day they get mine. They would have shipped the replacements today if I wanted them to charge my card then give me a refund when mine got there but I have time before the season starts. So they took care of the issue very well! Thanks Garmin!

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Awesome. It's always nice to know that great companies will stand behind their product. Do the refurbed units come with any kind of warranty?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Good question. They didn't ask for date of purchase or receipt on my current radios. The refurbs will be in the system by serial number though so they will know when I got them.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
So 2 of my 4 Garmin 650s pooped the bed. Won't even turn on now. Started with poor battery life and progressed to complete electronic death. My warehouse mgr called Garmin to return them and she got the run around. I called today and in 10 minutes I had and RMA number for return. Super easy. They are going to ship me a refurbed unit out the day they get mine. They would have shipped the replacements today if I wanted them to charge my card then give me a refund when mine got there but I have time before the season starts. So they took care of the issue very well! Thanks Garmin!

Good Job posting the good things that are still done today!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Another follow up. I just got my first ride of the season in and the phone works great. It actually looks like a new unit. The case and screen are in perfect condition. Very happy how this worked out.

Premium Features