• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***********No spark '09 CFI 800 dragon need help********

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
I was riding along the other day and all of a sudden the sled died with out any warning. I did some tests and found there isn't any spark from either plug and coil. First thing was to disconnect the key switch and throttle kill switch. still no spark. Checked at the ECU to make sure there isn't any shorts to ground in the kill switch ciruit, none found. Install a known good voltage regulator and ECU still no spark. Checked my ECU on another sled and it runs great. Ohmed out the stator asy and removed it to inspect the wiring, all ohms are ok and wiring looks ok. Disconnected the hood wiring and to make sure the tail light isn't shorted both look ok. Found good voltage from my stator, still won't start. Checked the tps for correct voltage ok. showing a closed throttle. Everything tests ok, is there any chance it can still be the stator?Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Have you checked or tried swapping the capacitor?

Something else to check would be the crankshaft postion sensor which is actually part of the stator assy. Other than that, I would probably remove the flywheel and stator for inspection. Maybe a broken woodruff key? Is the sled turbo'd?

P
Dec 15, 2007
Puyallup, Wa
Have you checked or tried swapping the capacitor?

Something else to check would be the crankshaft postion sensor which is actually part of the stator assy. Other than that, I would probably remove the flywheel and stator for inspection. Maybe a broken woodruff key? Is the sled turbo'd?
I have removed and inspected the stator and both crank sensors as well and checked the air gap. All test and look good. I have good voltage from the charge side of the stator. I have not swapped the capacitor only tested it. Yes it's turbo'ed.

Premium Features