• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PCV or PCIII on 700 cfi

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
most topics about these are for 800's. but i am assuming they can be used on 7's too? anyone done this to your 7? does it gain enough performance to justify to purchase? and how reliable does your 700 motor stay with one installed?

thanks

N
Feb 16, 2009
tremonton, UTAH
i bought a 08 700 from a guy that had the pcIII usb on it, right away i wasnt sure a bout it but finally found a company (dyno tech reserch) who does alot of testing with the power comanders. he has dyno sheets with differents setups. i have a hps can otherwise stock. i got a fuel map from him for my application and its a noticable difference and seems to run a more consistant air/fuel ratio so its alot safer from what i have seen.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
most topics about these are for 800's. but i am assuming they can be used on 7's too? anyone done this to your 7? does it gain enough performance to justify to purchase? and how reliable does your 700 motor stay with one installed?

thanks

I have a 2007 D7, PC-3, 4500+ miles on it.

I list the PC-3 (or PC-5) as the best mod for the sled, currently running DYNOTECH JIM'S MAP

WWW.DYNOTECHRESEARCH.COM

Check out my TECH TIPS FOR 600/700/800 CFI's pinned at the top of this section under "INCREASING YOUR IQ"

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i was just looking at your thread kraven, and seen you said best bang for buck was the pcv or III but never connected that you have a D7 also. did the pc 3 add power? im sure it did. just never hear of anyone putting them on 700 only 800s

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
i was just looking at your thread kraven, and seen you said best bang for buck was the pcv or III but never connected that you have a D7 also. did the pc 3 add power? im sure it did. just never hear of anyone putting them on 700 only 800s

PC-3, PC-5 same performance, just the PC-5 you can add Auto-tune

When stock, my D7 was PIG RICH on top end and LEAN in the mid-range (as in over the handlebars lean)

I'm approx 10% RICHER in the mid

5-10% LEANER on top

DEFINITELY a noticeable performance improvement, and much more trail-friendly to drive.

I just noticed you have a SLP single pipe, DYNOTECH Jim has a map developed for a SLP piped 700 as well, as he dynoed a 2008 D7 with a SLP single on January 1, 2009

Last edited:
Premium Features