• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 D7 problems

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
went riding today, about 2/3 through the day i went up a hill, came down hitting a little cornice, repeated about 3 times. then last time when i turned back up hill, hit the throttle and it just bogged bad. plus the digital display on the dash quit working. it starts fine, idles good, hit the throttle and bog. if you ease into it it will work out of the bog. more throttle slowly it will work, more throttle quickly and it bogs bad.

im wondering if it could be a loose wire or connection. anyone have this issue or a wire/ connection to start with to check? im going to try and check all the connections if i can, and wires and hopefully find somehting instead of a voltage reg. or stator. any input would be great
thanks

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Sounds like more than one issue. The engine idles but bogs under throttle sounds like a lack of fuel issue, maybe the filter or pump. Not sure on the display going out but it has to be a power issue of some sort. Sorry, nothing definitive but hope it helps.

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
went riding today, about 2/3 through the day i went up a hill, came down hitting a little cornice, repeated about 3 times. then last time when i turned back up hill, hit the throttle and it just bogged bad. plus the digital display on the dash quit working. it starts fine, idles good, hit the throttle and bog. if you ease into it it will work out of the bog. more throttle slowly it will work, more throttle quickly and it bogs bad.

im wondering if it could be a loose wire or connection. anyone have this issue or a wire/ connection to start with to check? im going to try and check all the connections if i can, and wires and hopefully find somehting instead of a voltage reg. or stator. any input would be great
thanks
Same thing on my 08 D7. I twisted my grip and shorted out the hand warmers, In turn it shorted out my Voltage Regulator. It would run but only at 1/4 throttle. Also the display was blank. It would kick back on for a short time then blank out again. Pull it off and look at the bottom, If the plastic is distorted even a little that would be your problem.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
that happened to me today and what happened was the spark plud wire actually unscrewed off of the 90 degree cap...something worth checking

Premium Features