• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raze Motorsports coolant heated bars

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Ran these bars on the new CMX 2017 SX450 factory edition shop build, With engine temp around 130ish and up they work very sweet, radiant type heat and flawless, Doesn't use any voltage so no worries about battery draw, Great concept and I have more coming for new builds.they heat up quickly soon as engine temps rise. Nice job guys .

K
Jan 27, 2014
Stator $200. Grips $100. And plenty of extra stator power for lights (stator was needed anyways).

It seems like the diyer could do this mod for $100 or so.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Don't forget they come with a thermo bob as well

We had the AME grips that are suppose to protect the battery on a 2016 XC. The stator will run them grips however only leaves a small % wattage left over to re charge battery after starting, That bike had to be jumped 4 times yesterday,the heated bars work awesome and the piece of mind knowing the stator gets dedicated to battery recharge is priceless.the stock stator ran my lights off the hill,this balance works flawless and battery always fully charged. however ewe do need to keep engine temps up to work best.The PST engine cover will finish the build.the cost includes hoses , Bars and T stat,it is priced correctly and easy to install,,, also the bars have a bit higher rise than stock.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
One thing about the coolant setup is they tend to build up ice in certain conditions. Had a set of CR bars on a Apex. They worked good but once in a while major ice. Also another thing is our bikes don't run too warm in the deep powder even with thermostats. I'm sure 100-120F would still put out some warmth. Be interesting to see how they work on certain bikes.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
One thing about the coolant setup is they tend to build up ice in certain conditions. Had a set of CR bars on a Apex. They worked good but once in a while major ice. Also another thing is our bikes don't run too warm in the deep powder even with thermostats. I'm sure 100-120F would still put out some warmth. Be interesting to see how they work on certain bikes.

Also I wonder how much a stock impeller on a mx bike is capable of pushing. I personally am running carb heat, so I am concerned about the multiple loops of coolant hose being added to the system. Stock open flow coolant systems have next to zero restriction and move coolant freely and quickly. Just wonder how much is too much. I do like the idea, as I have had many sets of handwarmers go south over the years. Almost always on skidoos. Remember when flag style handguards were a trend on sleds? I tore the wires out of two sets of handwarmers with those damned things and decided they were a waste of my time within about a month. I will be one of those poor bastards that is forced to pack 6 pairs of gloves on a deep day. First world problems!

U

UPsnowbiker

Oct 29, 2014
U.P. of Michigan
Also I wonder how much a stock impeller on a mx bike is capable of pushing. I personally am running carb heat, so I am concerned about the multiple loops of coolant hose being added to the system. Stock open flow coolant systems have next to zero restriction and move coolant freely and quickly. Just wonder how much is too much. I do like the idea, as I have had many sets of handwarmers go south over the years. Almost always on skidoos. Remember when flag style handguards were a trend on sleds? I tore the wires out of two sets of handwarmers with those damned things and decided they were a waste of my time within about a month. I will be one of those poor bastards that is forced to pack 6 pairs of gloves on a deep day. First world problems!

Haha.... Yep.... We have it tough don't we!

M
Jan 14, 2004
That's the answer for grip heat on a CR500 or KX500. The $20 fag bags work pretty good too but that does look like a pretty slick system.

M5

Premium Features