• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 arctic cat launch @ Saturday, March 1, 2015

Z

zr900turbo

Sep 21, 2009
2016 Snowmobiles will be announced starting in February. Sled Rumors predicts some of the most significant improvements we have seen in years for the Class of 2016.

Watch for chassis improvements with improved ground clearance and a more narrow nimble chassis on 2016 Arctic Cat M8000 and 2016 Yamaha Viper Mountain models. Yamaha will the Cat out of the bag on February 25. We don’t expect Ski-Doo and Polaris to give anything less than exciting changes as well this year.

Launch Dates for 2016 Polaris 800 Pro RMK, 2016 Ski-Doo Summit T3, 2016 Arctic Cat M8000, 2016 Yamaha Viper Mountain:

Ski-Doo – February 23, 2015
Yamaha – February 25, 2015
Arctic Cat – Saturday, March 1, 2015
Polaris – March 2, 2015

Come back to sledrumors.com for first ride reports on the new 2016 mountain sleds and learn about test ride opportunities before you snowcheck your next ride.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Rumor has it we'll see the new Pro in West Yellowstone Friday night. Factory semi with a stage setup at the Pol dealer. Poo must be getting a little nervous so they are getting a jump on the reveal.....:face-icon-small-hap

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
There will be a new FES
as well as a TIT
don't forget the new TPC and the new TSC.

and some other minor refinements.

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Well, they did make the video of the new axys rmk from Polaris. Polaris seem to listen to the customers and do the changes they want to have.
Cat has been offering BNG and new position of the suspension and minor weight loss.

Somehow it feels like Cat have given up on the snowmobile marked and walks into Yamaha footprint.... Just like they did on the Nytro sleds... Made them just a little better for each year..

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I'm thinking something close to an actual factory pro lite. And the new ctec 800 which that engine alone is 18lbs lighter than the current zuke mill. I think 40 lbs of weight loss is realistic for the new model.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I want a shadowy video that I can't see shlt in!

Where's my shadowy video!!???

Ooh! Is that a tiger!?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Well, they did make the video of the new axys rmk from Polaris. Polaris seem to listen to the customers and do the changes they want to have.
Cat has been offering BNG and new position of the suspension and minor weight loss.

Somehow it feels like Cat have given up on the snowmobile marked and walks into Yamaha footprint.... Just like they did on the Nytro sleds... Made them just a little better for each year..

But you continue to hang out in the Cat forum.............

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
I really hope Cat makes some big changes this year or I'm going to buy a Polaris after 20+ loyal years on a Cat. The Pro Climb chasis sucks. It's not bad on trail and jumping but Imo it sucks in the trees and its the worst when you want to be on edge like a elevator or steep sidehills in trees unlike a Pro or the M that are very easy to keep on edge. I've been on the M series since 05 and I'm ready for something new.

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I really hope Cat makes some big changes this year or I'm going to buy a Polaris after 20+ loyal years on a Cat. The Pro Climb chasis sucks. It's not bad on trail and jumping but Imo it sucks in the tress and its terrible when you try to be on edge unlike a Pro or the M. I've been on the M series since 05 and I'm ready for something new.

I can lose any equal hp m in the trees on my pc. The m is a bathtub compared to the pc.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I really hope Cat makes some big changes this year or I'm going to buy a Polaris after 20+ loyal years on a Cat. The Pro Climb chasis sucks. It's not bad on trail and jumping but Imo it sucks in the tress and its terrible when you try to be on edge unlike a Pro or the M. I've been on the M series since 05 and I'm ready for something new.

I think it's clear the PC is different then an M. So if you have not owned or spent a significant amount of time on a PC, I don't follow how you can make this claim? Enjoy your Pro!

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
I think it's clear the PC is different then an M. So if you have not owned or spent a significant amount of time on a PC, I don't follow how you can make this claim? Enjoy your Pro!

I have put over 500 miles on the Pro Climb. 400 of which were a 2014 m8000.

I'm not the only guy (cat guy) who feels this way!

Why do you think Bret Rasmussen jumped to Ski Doo the year after the Pc came out? Same reason! Pc chasis isn't as good in the trees like him and Burandt ride.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

Why do you think Bret Rasmussen jumped to Ski Doo the year after the Pc came out? Same reason! Pc chasis isn't as good in the trees like him and Burandt ride.

$$$$$ - I would ride anything for the right amount of cash!!!

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007

you really think they switched because one sled was better than the other???:face-icon-small-coo how adorable

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
If Poo comes out with the rumored 408 lb, 160 hp, chassis that is narrower than the current pro with some additional improvements, Cat clearly has its work cut out for it and my guess is they won't come close until '17. It doesn't appear Cat is chasing the weight game. I think it's a mistake because perception of a heavy sled outweighs the reality that the current PC chassis handles as well in most situations as either the XM or the Pro.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
FYI

March 1st is a Sunday night

This should be an interesting year. All the manufacturers probably have something up their sleeve

I really don't understand why people don't like the Proclimb in the trees.

IMO the ProClimb is way more nimble then the M series. I can change direction and whip the sled around way better then my 11 M.

Also, the 153x3" track is awesome! Love it!

The front mount cooler and painted tunnel is one the best things they have ever done.

When I have to ride other sleds, I am always kicking the boards. Drives me crazy. ProClimb has a big advantage compared to the other sleds with snow build up.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Would be cool if someone came out with a 408lb sled with 160hp but if it's Polaris they better find someone to build their engine. A 408lb sled would be bad *** but with their 800 motor history it would be sittin in shop waitin on a motor. Don't care how light it is, if it's sittin in the shop blown up it don't matter the weight

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I`m not bashing on Cat, but if they don`t change, I am afraid people get tired of new graphics and new suspension changes every year.
And new band aids for sky high belt temps and blown belts..

I love my Proclimb and it is here to stay until there is nothing left. And I love the strong chassis, the Suzuki engine that can hold a lot of miles on it and it do well in the forest :)
I just hope for people sake that Cat actually listen to the customers what THEY want :)
Like said, I love cat and I am not going over to Poo. I just would love to see Cat following the marked and keep pushing forward with something new and radical! :D

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
408 lbs at what cost? I have already seen some 2015 pros that after hitting small off camber hits have bent up their tunnels, broke carbon fiber spars and bent rails.

Same as everyone else has said the riders jumped ship because of money.

Look at Dave McLure and Rob Kincaid, they dont seem to have issues in the back country with a Proclimb, watch thunderstruck. Linden Ladoucher(Spelling) he seems to hang in the trees with no issues at all.
Who won snocross and hillcross at x games? Oh thats right Arctic Cat.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
At the end of the day I don't think it's about "having issues" hanging with other sleds in the back-country. That kind of mentality isn't going to push the sport and create a more specific back-country sled for us. I think this has to be tailor the sled to our specific group of riders and the wants and desires we have from our sleds. Cat already makes the best point and shoot sled out there along with Yamaha. What I and others are asking for is a sled that is specifically designed around being on edge and "tree riding". I realize that means different things to different people, but I think at this point we can all agree the PC does these things "well" but there are large chassis refinements that could/can be made to improve this set-up even further. It starts by how wide the body has been made to accept the 4 stroke motor and goes from there. Literally every guy I ride with outside of one rides a Pro and I haven't seen much in the 13-15 models years that points towards them being any more or less reliable/durable then anything else on the mountain.

I would also love to see Cat push the limits on suspension design and weight. I feel like cat has been taking the "easy" road with this sled by creating a platform that serves as the basis for all the sleds. It does everything well, but if you want to compete with Pro sales, they've got to step out of that comfort zone and create something that will put pressure on the other manufacturers. As we've already said and my buddies and I where commenting last night, I will be jumping ship if the motor holds together in the HO Polaris side. I also trust that Chris gives feedback that creates a sled that I would want to ride, cat can't even take input from its top two riders and move the damn post forward on these sleds, even though they see both Rob and Dave do it right out of the box! If that doesn't speak volumes to the commitment to build a back-country specific sled, I don't know what does.

Hope this stuff turns out great this spring with reveals and test-rides. Time to step-up cat, cause this new offering from Polaris might push the PC that much further behind. I for one will be watching and riding if I get a chance.

408 lbs at what cost? I have already seen some 2015 pros that after hitting small off camber hits have bent up their tunnels, broke carbon fiber spars and bent rails.

Same as everyone else has said the riders jumped ship because of money.

Look at Dave McLure and Rob Kincaid, they dont seem to have issues in the back country with a Proclimb, watch thunderstruck. Linden Ladoucher(Spelling) he seems to hang in the trees with no issues at all.
Who won snocross and hillcross at x games? Oh thats right Arctic Cat.

Last edited:
Premium Features