• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse XM Turbo

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Any idea what helix angle the DJ helix is?

I don't think my secondary spring is that stiff, what's the pros and cons to that stiff?

Would not a higher engagement help out the stunble off the start??

kfaz123

Premium Member
Oct 3, 2012
B.C.
no idea what djs helix angle is. all i know is it stumbled hard on the bottom until i loaded the ever living crap out of the bottom end on this thing. i used to run a 200/290 and it didn`t load the bottom hard enough. the harder i loaded the bottom the better it ran. that`s why i run a 160/320 and so much pin weight to load the bottom hard 2mm oversized rollers really helped out to allow the motor to get up to higher rpm quicker on the bottom. but i also had a slight stumble on initial stab of the throttle that i corrected with a new fuel pump. fuel pump was not able to supply enough fuel on initial stab of throttle. another big step was figuring out how to get my raves to suck in at idle and stay in. i can now shut my sled off and they will stay sucked in for 10 min +.

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Redline

Running redline kit in my new 850 165”. 8lbs boost on straight avgas n it’s straight to the top boys!!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Well I'm going to try a 200/320 primary spring to raise engagement some, see if the helps out on ininal stab stumble some..

Redline has figured out a way by adding in some resistors to air temp sensor to drop fuel out of stock tune off the start.. What we are getting is a over fuel down low, that is where the stumble comes from listening to Dave.. He says he has done that on his kits and others to get rid off it, but we now need to run more fuel in tune to make up for it after being so dam lean already..

Can't get Paul on board to add some yet for me..Dave is also removing the oil pump on his kits and dead heading the Garett turbo oil line, like Boondocker and Sibler have done as well.. This cleans up the kit pretty good and for me would of saved the turbo when the fuse to pump went out.. They now take oil off the rave line

As for the redline 850 kit, I have heard lots of good, but it better be running real strong because this 800 Impuse kit is no slug.. I will garentee that.. Dave has see mine running.. Would love to compare, mine rarely get off 10 lbs when need be and might hit 12 for the occasional poke:eyebrows:

Premium Features