• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else underwhelmed by the SHOT???

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I love the SHOT on my sled. It is inconsistent in how long it takes to engage, but well worth it.

I'd buy to again on my next sled, if it's a Doo.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This is half off topic as well...
Has anyone with electric start replaced their battery with a capacitor?

Any recommendations on where to buy and which to buy?

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
What a terrible idea. One pull of the rope for the entire day and then you have to wait 2 or 3 seconds for each start after that. Junk. I think I'm gonna go back to yanking on the rope for the whole day, maybe even back to a carburated sled so I really get my money worth out of the rope. ????? bunch of cry babies

kfa670

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
What a terrible idea. One pull of the rope for the entire day and then you have to wait 2 or 3 seconds for each start after that. Junk. I think I'm gonna go back to yanking on the rope for the whole day, maybe even back to a carburated sled so I really get my money worth out of the rope. ????? bunch of cry babies

Made my day

My SHOT has worked 98% of the time. There was only one instance it wouldn't work and it was a super cold day and the sled had sat for maybe half hour

My wife thinks it's the best thing ever.

Well, second best thing ever....

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Mine has worked flawless all season. It does take 3 seconds to start so after 10 starts a day thats 30 seconds of my life that i cant get back.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Mine worked great when I first got the sled. Took it into the shop for an unrelated issue and they updated the shot and gave it back to me not working at all. Got that fixed, worked good for about six weeks, however, lately, it works about 50% of the time. I can hold the button for a couple of minutes and nada, nothing. I'll take into the shop at the end of the season, but of course it'll work every time for them :face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I must just be blessed by the great BRP Sled Gods.:face-icon-small-hap
I have now had two sleds with SHOT and both of them worked GREAT.
ZERO issues with that feature.

I freaking LOVE the SHOT button.

Ya, it takes 2-3 seconds for the SHOT system to ENGAGE.
No, its NOT instant, but seriously, what the heck is TWO seconds, compared to pulling that damn starter cord 20+ times a day?

cq5dam.web.1024.1024.jpeg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I wonder sometimes if people actually read the original post at. I would summarize but I’d be wasting more time on the dull normals who can’t actually comprehend basic English.
Even christopher, who can read technical manuals and go so far out in the electrical weeds to get to the bottom of an issue didn’t follow the bouncing ball past the title.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I wonder sometimes if people actually read the original post at. I would summarize but I’d be wasting more time on the dull normals who can’t actually comprehend basic English.
Even christopher, who can read technical manuals and go so far out in the electrical weeds to get to the bottom of an issue didn’t follow the bouncing ball past the title.
Okay Chief.
Help me out here and let me know which part of this I missed.?

Mine works but not well.
It’s always slow to respond.
It’s seconds, not minutes but it’s so slow I think that’s it’s not going to work at all so I let the button go then push it again. Sometimes over and over before it starts.

If it doesn’t fire up in a second or two it seems to me I have to release the button then push it again and wait.

Also The button is small so it doesn’t get hit accidentally but it’s so small it kind of gets absorbed into the tip of my gloves finger.

Not a deal breaker really but it’s just kinda janky.

It never is just press the button and the sled fires up like an e start. Yes I get that it advances the rotor until it’s in the right spot before it gives it a SHOT. All in all I’m not sure if I’d get a regular e start if I bought another Ski Doo.

My experience has been 100% that it is just PRESS THE BUTTON and the SLED FIRES UP in 2 Seconds or so.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
My shot button works on the 1st push 1/4 of the time. I have to push it twice a lot. Sometimes I'm giving up on the 1st push and I release it and as I do the sled fires up... Crazy. But I sure as hell have no reason to complain. Complaining generally comes from unhappy people. And I'm just happy go lucky. I wake up in the morning and piss excellence.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I've never used SHOT but have electric start on a 2017. To be honest, I can't tell there is a 15-20 lbs penalty. I can tell that it starts immediately at all times and having a constant power source it nice for accessories.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Exactly. You can't tell if a doo has electric start or not buy riding it. They ride lighter than an axys. That is why I think people are wasting their money trying to take 20 pounds off the doo.
I like shot because it is probably 20 pounds lighter, even though you don't feel it, and comes with a pull rope. Not having to deal with batteries is always a bonus. Sucks to wind the clutch. Yes my wife's e start starts quicker and once in a while I don't push the button right which you know right away. Also don't have to worry about it starting when rolling it over like e start. Both are good but the idea or concept of shot is better.

Premium Features