• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cant get my belt to stop slipping

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
08 nytro mtx, around 500 miles.

Ive had this problem since mile 0 as far as I can remember. Belt doesn't slip at all on hardpack but once in pow it will randomly spin and not hook up, maybe half the time. I'll be climbing something and all of a sudden the revs sky rocket but it feels like the track stops spinning. I've cleaned the belt and clutches with a scotch pad and soapy water, that usually helps for about a day. I've also tried a brand new belt and that didn't help. Is there any changes needed to the stock clutching to work from 8k - 10k feet? Anything else I should be looking at?

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
The plastic skid plate got ripped off on one of my first rides and I haven't bothered to replace it. Could snow be getting in down there and making it's way onto the clutches?

J

joe21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 22, 2008
are you really riding with no skid pan? brave soul if you are.

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Are you sure the track isn't ratcheting? Take a look at your drivers, maybe they are spun.

Mark

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
If you're riding without a skid plate snow is more than likely getting in there. Not sure how long you've gone without a skid plate but you're lucky a little belt slippage is your only problem:eek::eek::eek:

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
Gotcha. First priority is to order a replacement skid plate. Is there a good aftermarket one or should I just go with a yamaha replacement?

I was doing some work on my sled today and taking a look at things. I definitely think the snow is getting in because of the missing skid plate.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I'm going with the stock one(ultra plate). I'm going to use steel rivnuts instead of the aluminum ones(aluminum ones pull out too easy).

Premium Features