• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 D8 breaking issue? or clutch issue?

S

Sled169

At first I was thinking that my track is too loose, when I get on the breaks hard either come down a a hill or on the trail it would sound like the track was wadding up over the drivers. But not have any tools on these new hot rods makes it tough to adjust the track. (need to get some tools in the pack I guess)

Then yesterday things started getting worse with clutching making strange noises. The engagement RPM has went way up, and when you go to take off it make a bad clanking noise like the clutches are slamming open or shut. It even is doing it when rolling and you let off the throttle and get back on it all most sounds like the secondary is having some issues the the helix not back shifting to the proper location.

Just had them off and put a new helix in and new wieghts in did not see anything out of the ordinary with them.

Got me, this polaris is a new animal to me coming from Ski Doo and I having a terrible time trying to learn to ride it in the powder. It tips over to easy. I wonder if a stiffer shock set up on the front end would help it or the holtz wider front end might make it better for me to.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
The track does tend to ratchet on extreme braking. Just tighten it a little. A little bit of clanking is normal, it is the rollers switching from the drive/coast side of the secondary.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Jay I'll call you later today. Handling wise if you are tipping over in the powder you are over riding that sled. Common on people coming from flat riding rev's and pol edges. Slight bar correction and some throttle is all you need to carve or sidehill. Seat time is all you need!

I guess I will to make a "business" trip over Fri so that we can work out these issues. You can ride the slightly wider Holz front end and see if it's worth the money.

Premium Features