For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2018, 08:44 PM
Currently: Dreaming of powder over the hood
RanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Engine code 173-3

17 axys 800. I replaced the pipe temp sensor about 3 weeks ago and have ridden a few times. When it went bad the check engine light was on and it would not rev past 6k ish....replaced and had dealer clear the codes.

Sled has 1500 miles on it.

As of last weekend and today Check engine light is on again but goes off when at 3/4 or full throttle then turns back on. Sled is running great. Just the light on and off
I checked the connections and they appear good.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 173 code

173 is a change with voltage. Have you installed a pipe or bumper? Has the dealer helped you?

Old 05-11-2018, 12:30 PM
RanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond reputeRanOutofTalent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
173 is a change with voltage. Have you installed a pipe or bumper? Has the dealer helped you?

Figured it out

Now to find a way to fix this. No damage to the front of the bumper so I'm curious to how these connections broke.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Currently: What to ride............ARO or AXYS or ARO orAXYS or ARO or AXYS orARO or AXYS or ARO orAXYS
Thanked 1,296 Times in 799 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanOutofTalent View Post
Figured it out

Now to find a way to fix this. No damage to the front of the bumper so I'm curious to how these connections broke.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412314

Those tabs are made of glass.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetmetalfab For This Useful Post:
RanOutofTalent (07-03-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 07:01 AM
Currently: Damaging the Axys, one trip at a time
Basic Member
adamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't follow. I don't see any broken electrical connections in the pics. And what does the broken bumper mount tab have to do with this?

Old 05-31-2018, 07:12 AM
Thanked 6,618 Times in 4,256 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Engine code 173-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg View Post
I don't follow. I don't see any broken electrical connections in the pics. And what does the broken bumper mount tab have to do with this?

The aluminum tabs that the front bumper attaches to. Also has a ground terminal that utilizes that tab as well.

They are broke off from the over structure in the pictures.

Last edited by Snowmow; 05-31-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:04 AM
Thanked 1,077 Times in 613 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

I always re-locate that ground wire from the bumper tab. I dont know why polaris put it there in the first place, or keeps leaving it there year after year when they know these tabs break off very easy.

FYI.... there are several options out there to repair the broken tabs. Carls Cycle sells a couple versions and there are others too.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetmetalfab View Post

Thank you. Yea hopefully the tabs are bit stronger on the 19s.