• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 2018 SilberTurbo - negative review

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I do love the back and forth with Terry and Chad. Nothing like talking rider ability in the web ;)

Has nothing to do with rider ability. I was actually sticking up for your turbo there sir because it runs flawless. I guess I'm offended when told the only reason is because I ride too much trail with my wife is the only reason I haven't had problems. Basically meaning I don't ride or go above half throttle.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I wasn't talking ability either. I was talking about how hard you are on the sled... I suck at riding. I do know my dad could beat up Terry's dad though

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I wasn't talking ability either. I was talking about how hard you are on the sled... I suck at riding. I do know my dad could beat up Terry's dad though

In all honestly you do sound like a lot of fun to ride with. If you ever find yourself in JH/Alpine/Victor/Tetons hit me up!

D
Jan 13, 2018
My silber kit didnt either run at first but thats okay. Whats not okay is the custom service at silber as soon you have a problem they disapered like they no longer was on this earth. They dont answer anything. Thanks to bryce at turbo performance my kit now does work, and my next kit will defintly be from him or anybody else but silber. Talked with 3 other friends that have silber , we all had the same problem with the sled and the same problem contacting silber they doesnt exist after they get your money

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
My silber kit didnt either run at first but thats okay. Whats not okay is the custom service at silber as soon you have a problem they disapered like they no longer was on this earth. They dont answer anything. Thanks to bryce at turbo performance my kit now does work, and my next kit will defintly be from him or anybody else but silber. Talked with 3 other friends that have silber , we all had the same problem with the sled and the same problem contacting silber they doesnt exist after they get your money

While I will fall on the sword for not having one "universal" contact number that goes to my phone as well (we will for the 2019 season) my phone number and email is right there on the website.

There isn't one person who I haven't followed up with or done my best to help. The *only* one (who I directly spoke with) who I was unable to find a solution for was the gentleman from Europe who posted in this thread (not the Russian one).

I get frustrated when I hear "there was no customer service" and I'm sitting here pounding away on a keyboard in a forum for just that!

Jeff@silberturbos.com 9702190258

Yes, when you call me you may get my VM - I consult for a few different companies and have a career in a completely different industry. That said, text, email, facebook - you'll usually hear from me within minutes.

My own venting aside, I totally understand how a customer might get frustrated. That said, we (Silber) are not abandoning a customer or leaving them out to dry.

I'm always here to help!

T

TheRedrooster

Nov 5, 2012
Not a happy customer

I’m a customer that dealt with Justin directly and he guaranteed me this kit would work at sea level. It did not. The AFR was way too high, boost springs were wrong and it goes on and on. He was asked 4 times “Can you give this motor more fuel?” he still has not answered yet. It’s April and winter is almost over. Well with a lot of money spent and help from Bryce at Turbo Perforance this kit and sled runs great at sea level and at 8000 feet no thanks to Silber. And yes do I know how to clutch a sled and I have the credentials to prove that but it’s not about me it’s about Silber service. He got paid with my hard earned money and I did not get what I was promised. Also, I had to deal with the dealer that took my money and made me promises. I don’t deal with a middle man, JJ0909, maybe Justin should be answering the questions customers have and start refunding money he took from good customers that he promised this kit would work at Sea Level.

Last edited:

dansvan

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2011
Our dealings with Silber have been negative as well. Questions dismissed and or dodged. Extremely slow responses to emails if we get any at all, and zero phone calls returned. The best part of the season missed due to this and other problems with their etec kit. Pictures provided with glaring problems and not even responded to. Being told "you must have done something wrong, we see it all the time." And in my opinion dropping any and all support for the 800 is a huge business blunder. So when the next great thing from skidoo comes out all the current 850 owners will be left high and dry as well? Not going to spend another penny with this company. I wonder as well if the instructions are purposefully vague as to provide plausible deniability. Bottom line is broken promise after promise. It's false advertising. It may as well be "Buy our kit for thousands of dollars. Maybe it will work for you, maybe not. We'll pretend to be concerned. Thanks for your payment." Successful businesses become that way with product support (customer service) after the sale.

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I’m a customer that dealt with Justin directly and he guaranteed me this kit would work at sea level. It did not. The AFR was way too high, boost springs were wrong and it goes on and on. He was asked 4 times “Can you give this motor more fuel?” he still has not answered yet. It’s April and winter is almost over. Well with a lot of money spent and help from Bryce at Turbo Perforance this kit and sled runs great at sea level and at 8000 feet no thanks to Silber. And yes do I know how to clutch a sled and I have the credentials to prove that but it’s not about me it’s about Silber service. He got paid with my hard earned money and I did not get what I was promised. Also, I had to deal with the dealer that took my money and made me promises. I don’t deal with a middle man, JJ0909, maybe Justin should be answering the questions customers have and start refunding money he took from good customers that he promised this kit would work at Sea Level.

1) I am not a middle man. I work for the company. If you have a problem with your sled you don't bring it into your dealer expecting to get the CEO of Ski-Doo on the phone right?

2) I would have absolutely loved to help with your problems.

3) The wastegate springs have been shown to produce more boost than indicated at low elevation. Again, an email to me would have worked through this quickly. We are aware of this, and it is quiet common in an open loop system.

4) We have plenty of customers who are 100% happy at Sea Level. I deal directly with many of them. Example is our primary dealer in Alaska who can't keep the kit on the shelf.

I'm all about taking feedback from customers and working to make things better. Obviously one of the recurring pieces of feedback that needs to be addressed is how customers get in contact with us. We will discuss internally and revise this for the 2019 season.

Again, I don't want anyone to think we are leaving you out to dry. Jeff@silberturbos.com - email me anytime and I will get back with you within 24 hours (usually within minutes).

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Hello everyone,

Sorry as I don't get much time to spend sorting through forums or social media post these days.

If anyone is having issues with a turbo setup please feel free to contact any of the numbers listed on our website.
https://www.silberturbos.com/pages/contact-us

My personal line you can call or text anytime. I will gladly help you out and answer any questions or may have.

If you have an 850 Gen 4, we have a few options for you. First off, either sending the ECU to us or bringing it to one of our reflash centers. This will allow us to read the run history of your machine and further help diagnose your issue.

I hope to hear from some of you regarding your sled.

Thanks
Justin Silber

A

aja636

Mar 6, 2009
New Jersey
Hello everyone,

Sorry as I don't get much time to spend sorting through forums or social media post these days.

If anyone is having issues with a turbo setup please feel free to contact any of the numbers listed on our website.
https://www.silberturbos.com/pages/contact-us

My personal line you can call or text anytime. I will gladly help you out and answer any questions or may have.

If you have an 850 Gen 4, we have a few options for you. First off, either sending the ECU to us or bringing it to one of our reflash centers. This will allow us to read the run history of your machine and further help diagnose your issue.

I hope to hear from some of you regarding your sled.

Thanks
Justin Silber

When the new remote flash/diagnostics software comes out, I would like to set my sled up with this. I had to resolve the fueling on my sled on my own as well and also was told it was bad clutching or something was wrong with my sled. I wasn’t delivered what was promised.

With the new mobile set up I am all the willing to try again to see if we can get this running correctly on factory ECU without secondary injection system.

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
Primary Dealer in Alaska

1) I am not a middle man. I work for the company. If you have a problem with your sled you don't bring it into your dealer expecting to get the CEO of Ski-Doo on the phone right?

2) I would have absolutely loved to help with your problems.

3) The wastegate springs have been shown to produce more boost than indicated at low elevation. Again, an email to me would have worked through this quickly. We are aware of this, and it is quiet common in an open loop system.

4) We have plenty of customers who are 100% happy at Sea Level. I deal directly with many of them. Example is our primary dealer in Alaska who can't keep the kit on the shelf

I'm all about taking feedback from customers and working to make things better. Obviously one of the recurring pieces of feedback that needs to be addressed is how customers get in contact with us. We will discuss internally and revise this for the 2019 season.

Again, I don't want anyone to think we are leaving you out to dry. Jeff@silberturbos.com - email me anytime and I will get back with you within 24 hours (usually within minutes).

Who is your Dealer in Ak?
Nobody Recommends Boost @sealevel in Ak!
I haven’t seen a Boosted 2 stroke sled yet,I’m sure there are out here somewhere,hiding out with Bigfoot.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I had a customer have issues with one of the 850 Silber kits I installed. It ran great in the beginning but soon afterwards it wouldn't pull RPM's. When you nailed the throttle it would go to 7900 just for a second or 2 then fall on it's face and just surge and never regain good RPM. I went through everything and it boiled down to a restricted fuel filter. Once it was changed the sled ran great again. If your battling RPM issues and have checked everything else please try changing your fuel filter.

dansvan

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2011
Who is your Dealer in Ak?
Nobody Recommends Boost @sealevel in Ak!
I haven’t seen a Boosted 2 stroke sled yet,I’m sure there are out here somewhere,hiding out with Bigfoot.

Seriously? Ak is a big place. Lots of turbos running around. 6 just in the group I ride with.

Premium Features