• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Storing for the summer

D
Apr 20, 2018
Hi
I recently bought a 2008 600 rmk. It's the all black carbureted model. I'm just looking for any information to help properly store it for the summer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for all your time! - cheers - Dave

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Treat gas with storage chemical such as Startron or Stabil, or drain tank. Fog the engine, Drain Carb, Loosen Track (even with loose track good idea to rotate track, once a month), remove Belt, Lift track and front suspension (recommended but few do it).
Go over grease all zerks (if not done after each ride), I hit all ball joints with a HIGH quality spray lube (I use a moly roller chain lube), Not a bad idea to lightly spray fogging oil on all exposed metal surfaces.

Last edited:
D
Apr 20, 2018
summer storage

Thank you for the reply!! How do you properly fog the engine? I looked up the process and I got a few different answers. What do you recommend? Thanks again for your time. - Dave

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Open Air box/ get access to carb intakes. Treat gas now so it gets through lines and carb.
While running motor spray fogging oil into carb throat, getting it to take in as much as possible without stalling engine (you can blip throttle to make engine inhale good amount of oil). Maybe as much as a 1/4 can. Then optional (have heard yes and no on this) spray fogging oil in heavy enough to stall engine (turn off key). Drain gas from carbs. (DO NOT turn off gas and run it out, this causes engine to run lean, not good). Let it cool down a bit. I then remove spark plugs, and spray fogging oil into cylinders pulling over engine with recoil to disperse oil. Don't need a ton of spray for this step.

Last edited:
Premium Features