• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to disconnect Powder Special Choke

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Unscrew the brass fitting that is on the carb where the choke cable goes in. If the cables won't let the fitting rotate then it is corroded and you will have to soak it with some kind of rust dissolver. When you get the fitting out you can compress the small spring and slip the ball end of the cable out of the choke plunger.

J
Nov 8, 2013
Unscrew the brass fitting that is on the carb where the choke cable goes in. If the cables won't let the fitting rotate then it is corroded and you will have to soak it with some kind of rust dissolver. When you get the fitting out you can compress the small spring and slip the ball end of the cable out of the choke plunger.

Thanks, will do. I tried unscrewing the screw above the brass fitting but it unscrews about an inch before it brings up. Didn't want to force the issue so I stopped.....learnt my lesson :))

It is harder to get the carbs of on the Powder Special than on the Pantera as there are three things attached to the air box. I unscrewed the fuel shut off valve and pulled the three rubber air vent tubes from the rectangular box but left the pyramid looking thing in place (synchronizer of sorts?)

Stripped out one screw that holds one carb to the rubber boot. Just got back from a fastener store armed with a half dozen similar style spare screws and will proceed to drill out that soft brass screw now.

I need to clean out the carbs as the Powder special is back firing every so often and also bogs sporadically when I get on the throttle. Dirty carbs causing lean conditions I presume.

I'll get at it early tomorrow.

Premium Features