• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 AC Panther 440 burning out lights

D
Dec 19, 2013
Just picked up a used 95 panther 440, runs well after cleaning the carb. but now I noticed that all the lamps are burned out, headlight, taillight and speedo. I replaced the tailight with a working 12v lamp, but it burned bright then fried while running only a minute. Bad Voltage regulator, anyone with experience with same problem? There is no battery on this sled. What type of headlamps can be used if im replacing it, can i use a halogen instead of the stock? Thanks.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yes...

and the halogen may take to much draw but not likely..depends on the wattage you install...55 should be ok..??...its hard to say but I have seen halogens used as well in old bravo's etc...
you could install one and have handwarmers and rear bulbs out and with the halogen on slowly add the others and see if you have dimming at high idle...if not you may be ok..
but check that regulator ground and if good try a new regulator..i hope its just a regulator issue...they did fail a lot on the old sleds..

Premium Features