• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adding A Battery To The Rmk's For Gps Etc

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J
Dec 2, 2007
North Idaho
good stuff

Hey guys!
I am just finishing up a turbo install on my 03 pro x 700 non ves. and needed a power source for running the oil pump(journal bearing turbo) and the fuel pump. i used a battery from odyssey a real nice sealed unit weighs almost 6 lbs:eek: but will supply great power. http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc310.htm
mounted it up with a shield underneath my secondary cutch on its side.
I mounted a rectifier from radio shack (inexpensive)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062584
wired that to the battery on the 2 dc terminals and then chassis ground and a yellow regulated wire on the other 2 terminals. I used the one in the harness going to the headlight as i do not have a headlight anymore. seems to work well so far, although the sled has only been running for about 10 or 15 minutes, just finished:D
The battery is a little pricey but for my application i need a good source!
Keep up the good info guys!:beer;

T
Dec 3, 2009
Michigan
12 Volt Power up by handlebars?

Does anyone know if any of the many loose connections under the handlebar cover are a good source for 12 volt power on 2006 CFI 900? I have my GPS mounted on the handle bars and would like to tap 12v as close as possible.

Thanks!

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
Great thread and replies........I read somewhere that wiring your wideband O2 (maybe it was Innovate specific) behind the diode with a battery setup eliminated all the problems people were having. Sounds like the thought behind this was erratic voltage to the O2 was the culprit.

Again, GREAT post and pics. Thanks. EW

I am going to do this myself for this reason. The only problem I see is the O2 sensor (xd-16) would be powered all the time draining the battery. I want it to only be on when sled is running.

S

svrdram

Jan 1, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Any word on doing this on a carbed 06? I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to look over my sled...just trying to devise a plan ahead of time.

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
Anyone know if this would work to run some LED strip lights? Want to do this for the fuel prime for sure. Any downsides? Any electrical issues caused by this?

Premium Features