• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ABOM fog free goggles

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Thought I would write a review on these new to the market goggles. They were designed for skiers but I ordered a pair to try for snowmobiling. I have tried 4 different brands of goggles,fans and various breath boxes but once my face starts to sweat ALL of them have fogged on me. I found out about these new ski goggles that they claim you can sit in a hot tube with them and they will not fog, they have a small rechargeable lithium battery that lasts 6hrs of full power use. It heats the inside lens a couple degrees which changes the dew point and eliminates fogging. These goggles remind me of 509 Aviators and fit my 509 helmet fairly well. On the trail or when I'm not sweating I do not even have to have them turned on, once they start to fog I tap the power button and they are fog free in 30 seconds. If you are one of those people who can not find a solution to fogging goggles this might be your answer. They have a Carl Zeiss lens and are high quality. Not cheap but they work as advertised.

uploadfromtaptalk1453847192479.jpg

http://www.abom.com/

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Thought I would write a review on these new to the market goggles. They were designed for skiers but I ordered a pair to try for snowmobiling. I have tried 4 different brands of goggles,fans and various breath boxes but once my face starts to sweat ALL of them have fogged on me. I found out about these new ski goggles that they claim you can sit in a hot tube with them and they will not fog, they have a small rechargeable lithium battery that lasts 6hrs of full power use. It heats the inside lens a couple degrees which changes the dew point and eliminates fogging. These goggles remind me of 509 Aviators and fit my 509 helmet fairly well. On the trail or when I'm not sweating I do not even have to have them turned on, once they start to fog I tap the power button and they are fog free in 30 seconds. If you are one of those people who can not find a solution to fogging goggles this might be your answer. They have a Carl Zeiss lens and are high quality.

View attachment 265228

http://www.abom.com/

For that price, they ought to wash your sled for you too!

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Have you had them in snowy weather or changing conditions based on elevation changes. This is where I find problems with goggles. Cold upper elevations and warmer temps at lower elevations and riding between the 2. I was first surprised by the price but I thought I don't have a problem spending that on a good quality pair of sunglasses, so what the difference! How is the clarity of the lens? Comparing to, say your 509s?

Sent from my telephone

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Have you had them in snowy weather or changing conditions based on elevation changes. This is where I find problems with goggles. Cold upper elevations and warmer temps at lower elevations and riding between the 2. I was first surprised by the price but I thought I don't have a problem spending that on a good quality pair of sunglasses, so what the difference! How is the clarity of the lens? Comparing to, say your 509s?

Sent from my telephone
I have 4 full days of riding with them in Temps from -20 to 30F, elevation from 7k-10k in the same day. As long as it is powered on it will not fog. If it fogs you can tap the power button once and it will stay on for 10min and then shut off, or hold the power button for a few sec and it will stay on all the time. There is a small led light that you can see out of the corner of your eye while riding that let's you know what mode it is in. The Zeiss lens has great clarity, you can get different colored lens as well. I have the light smoke tinted lens.

f15864c2f474c492532c2c0e07129732.jpg

Last edited:
R
Oct 10, 2014
For the guys that have fogging issues, that price certainly wouldn't scare me off. Get a pair of 509's with the fan and its not too far off this. his seems like a better set up to me. Thanks for the post and review.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
guys can complain all they want, but if they work as advertised the price is fair. its such an uneasy feeling when you cant see a thing

R

River Ratt

Oct 27, 2008
Markerville AB
This is great, I have tried everything, Habervision with the fan, 509 with fan, Scott, Smith, Ski-doo goggles with the element work, but there clear lens, I use them coming out at the end of the day. and the list goes on.
So if they really work, 250.00 is acceptable. Zeiss is top quality optics, I have a Zeiss scope on a rifle, optics are great.

J

jbrennan51488

Jan 27, 2012
Wait and see what Oakley has coming for this winter. We had the opportunity to try them in December and they were unreal, plus you get the prizm lens.

Do they have a new type of fog free system coming out? Any date for them or more info?

L

lewey

Dec 26, 2007
vancouver
A buddy who has gone through all the fan goggles etc bought those and swears by them. Said he hasn't had a problem with them at all and loves them. Small price to pay if that's what it takes to see while you're riding. Think your health and safety is worth $250.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Health and safety?

Welll,,,,, there is something to be said there,,,,, but,,,,,,, usually when I fog up and can no longer SEE, and fear for my life, I stop and swap out goggles....

There are times it is inconvenient, yes, but if actual Safety becomes a concern..... well......

Maybe if I get these I won't hafta go jogging anymore...

Maybe I'll give em a try.....:face-icon-small-hap

sms

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Buy them, you won't be disappointed

You spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on clothing, boots, gear, etc so whats a couple hundred more on one of the most important components of a great sledding experience. I purchased a pair this weekend when I was in Steamboat Springs and couldn't be happier. Absolutely loved them. Conditions were tough and they would not fog. It seems like I have tried them all but these goggles blew me away.

If your looking for a pair of goggles with a great lens (Zeis) that won't fog. Abom is it.

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
http://www.oakley.com/en/product/WGOO7070PZINF?icmp=merch-tile_2_Shop-PRIZM-INFERNO

these are the Oakley version, I do not own a pair, however I would like the know how they compare to abom, same price, the biggest thing I have seen with Oakley is that they make very few frame choices that's fit well with helmets, obviously brand name goggles are going to fit the best with their brand of helmet like klim, and 509.

How does the abom frame fit with helmets? I am interested to see if someone has a comparison of the two

Premium Features