• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

td04 15t for Nytro

M
Jan 14, 2004
Until I started looking I didn't even know there was a 15t, the 15G is much more common cause older Volvos use them,I have one here if you are interested. I bought it for the core as you can convert a 15g to a 19t. It was a couple of years ago so I'd have figure it all out again, if I remember correctly the T style compressor wheels are the newer design. I think MPI or one of those companies uses the 15G as I saw it at the show 2 years ago. From what I can see and I haven't found a compressor map for the 15T, it's a pretty small turbo like equivalent to a GT17. The 15g flows 435 Cfm which is about the same as a 16T or a GT2554. So after all this rambling lol it might be too small.

M5

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Why is it to small if it flows like a 2554 that one is used on Ulmers low boost kit and Mcx uses the 16T on their kits.?

Until I started looking I didn't even know there was a 15t, the 15G is much more common cause older Volvos use them,I have one here if you are interested. I bought it for the core as you can convert a 15g to a 19t. It was a couple of years ago so I'd have figure it all out again, if I remember correctly the T style compressor wheels are the newer design. I think MPI or one of those companies uses the 15G as I saw it at the show 2 years ago. From what I can see and I haven't found a compressor map for the 15T, it's a pretty small turbo like equivalent to a GT17. The 15g flows 435 Cfm which is about the same as a 16T or a GT2554. So after all this rambling lol it might be too small.

M5

M
Jan 14, 2004
Yah I was just going from memory but I found the specs on it. The 15t is rated at 450 Cfm and the 15g is 440 Cfm. Again from memory the t style compressor wheels have 1 extra fin over the g style so they are actually a better wheel and spool faster. For some reason I was thinking the 15t was smaller. That said the 15t is not as common as even a 16t which would give you more options later down the road for added boost. Unless you already have the 15t you might just want to find a 16t, it may even be cheaper but if you have the 15t then for what you are planning it should work fine. You'll need to check which exhaust housing it has though as there are three sizes if I remember 6, 7 and 8cm.

M5

Premium Features