• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to Site - Just Sayin "Hello"

B
Apr 22, 2013
I recently purchased a 2002 Yamaha Mountain Max 600, with only a few rides under my belt. =( I knew when I bought it, I would be very limited this season, because I’m getting ready for summer hobbies. The snowmobile was a great deal with it being end of season, so I had to pick it up even though I wouldn’t get much riding this year! However, my sled is stored in the garage, so every time I drive into my garage, I see my sled sitting there, and I can hardly stand it!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
My boyfriend took me sledding for the first time back in February, and that's when I got my first taste of snowmobiling! What a blast! I simply had to get more... I found a really nice sled with low miles and picked it up; shortly after I got a trailer for it. We ended up renting one for him, but had a horrific experience with the sled and he refuses to ever rent again. I'm bummed because he is an adrenaline junky like myself, but with Hunting, boating, fishing, dirtbiking, he doesn't want to add another hobby to his plate; which is a drag, because I know he loves it, but I have yet to convince him to buy a used one =(<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say “hello!”<o:p></o:p>

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
I recently purchased a 2002 Yamaha Mountain Max 600, with only a few rides under my belt. =( I knew when I bought it, I would be very limited this season, because I’m getting ready for summer hobbies. The snowmobile was a great deal with it being end of season, so I had to pick it up even though I wouldn’t get much riding this year! However, my sled is stored in the garage, so every time I drive into my garage, I see my sled sitting there, and I can hardly stand it!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
My boyfriend took me sledding for the first time back in February, and that's when I got my first taste of snowmobiling! What a blast! I simply had to get more... I found a really nice sled with low miles and picked it up; shortly after I got a trailer for it. We ended up renting one for him, but had a horrific experience with the sled and he refuses to ever rent again. I'm bummed because he is an adrenaline junky like myself, but with Hunting, boating, fishing, dirtbiking, he doesn't want to add another hobby to his plate; which is a drag, because I know he loves it, but I have yet to convince him to buy a used one =(<o:p></o:p>

Why Hello!! It's super nice to hear your excitement. Where are you from? I bet we can turn his frown upside down and help to create an epic adventure! Good on you for taking the initiative and getting out there and buying your own ride! High five!

C
May 6, 2013
Boulder, CO
mountain max... smile

just have to say that it makes me smile to see you bought a mountain max. people are quite loyal to these machines that have now been out of production for almost a decade. i love my mountain max! if you're sledding in CO look me up! :)

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Welcome!! Sorry to hear the experience wasn't a good one for the BF. Keep on trying to get him out riding, if it doesn't work then I know there are some gals that love riding with other gals, me included!!!

allierae

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2012
Sylvan Lake Alberta
Welcome to sledding! My first experience was similar to yours, but my BF is the junkie and got me hooked too. Been 3 years since I started and I love it! If you are ever in BC, Canada going for a rip let me know! Good luck on convincing your BF, great sport for couples!

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
Welcome! My bf got me hooked too. I remember him saying when I moved up here from the sunny south that I would not see him much during the winter due to sled trips.... He put me on a sled once and now I think he regrets it! We are in a constant battle of bigger better and more! LOL! There are a great group of girls on here and lot's of info to be shared and learned. It's a little slow right now but give it another month or two and everyone's excitement will be contagious!

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com

Welcome and it is almost time to ride again!!! So excited :face-icon-small-coo

B
Apr 22, 2013
Thanks for the comments. Sadly just after joining the end of May, I was in a extremly serious quad accident. I busted my tibia in multiple places, my fibula, got some nice hardware; and have been trying to recover from a painful experience. I am really hoping by the end of November I will be able to start riding???? A couple of weeks I was able to pick up a 2000 Polaris SKS 700 for my boy, so I'm excited we will be able to go together!!!!

Premium Features