• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Footwell vent question

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I am really considering installing some footwell vents, primarily to keep snow and ice OUT of the quick drive and clutch area. Just wondering what everyone's take is about these actually RETAINING too much heat due to restriction?
I don't want to create a potential problem

Thoughts?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Get some mike taylor footwell vents, they keep the same original venting open, aside from blocking off the openings on the outer edges (where its likely most the snow gets kicked in).

I don't think you'll see any heat related issues due to these vents, I don't.

I also run a madsigntist gauge lifter/vent, and did some other upper console/plastic vents to let rising heat escape.

C
Mar 18, 2012
Worland Wyoming
I installed mike taylor vents and they work great, i dont have any kind of heat problem! If its packed with snow and ice its not getting rid of the heat anyways! I noticed alot of snow coming from the chain case hole they left in the belly pan so i got the QD skid plate to block that hole! The only snow that gets in now is through the hood!

I

IEATSRT

Oct 20, 2012
I wish I would have went with Mike Taylor, ordered skinz a month ago... still haven't shipped. Might have to try cancel and get Mikes

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Best pic I have uploaded atm.

05ezboardslh.jpg

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Ordered them up, can't wait to get them.
Also need to adress the hole under the quick drive

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
i built a few set of these they made a huge diff in the deep pow my bro sled and cousin sled had no vents they had 3 plus inch deep of snow in there foot wells i had 0 snow and i noticed theres actually pluged up with snow were mine all melted out great way to keep unwanted snow out

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
I'm also on the mike Taylor footwell vents train. Just got em on. Very good guy to deal with and a very quick timeframe for delivery. Took all of 10 minutes to install. And cheap. I don't see any down side to that deal

Premium Features