• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse 1155 stroker

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Your going to be dominating the mountains of Norway! You have no idea what your getting yourself into :)

Do you have a estimate on hp on this engine non aspirated?would have been fun to know:) Paul gave really good service and info to set up the engine.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Lack of snow last year I only rode a few times.[/QUOTE]

Lack of snow, tell me about it----55 degrees and sunny here in southern colorado.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
What compression ratio are you running in the 1155 cc stroker motor?

I am not understanding going to a stroker kit to get the increase in torque , and then run lower compression , why would,nt you just stay with the stock stroke and run higher compression ( 11.6:1 )
Would,nt both ways be doing the same thing , ones just cheaper to do.

Whats The max RPM,s that your running with the stroker kit?

Now a stroker kit with high ( stock ) compression :yo:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I would imagine that a With the lower compression and stroker you can gain torque and power without the extra fuel requirements and still run mixed, a stroker and high compression would require straight race gas in my opinion, What do you run for fuel in your setup gunner?

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Most 1155 kits are 10:2:1. You can choose what cr you want to go with depending on fuel availability. I'm running 100ll up to about 20 psi this yr. I would also feel comfortable running 1/2 pump 1/2 race gas at the same boost levels.

I've rode stock compression boosted sleds and they are not in the same ball park as the stroker.

Last edited:
H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
I am not understanding going to a stroker kit to get the increase in torque , and then run lower compression , why would,nt you just stay with the stock stroke and run higher compression ( 11.6:1 )
Would,nt both ways be doing the same thing , ones just cheaper to do.

Whats The max RPM,s that your running with the stroker kit?

Now a stroker kit with high ( stock ) compression :yo:

Hi i will altso make a map for pumpgas, 1 gallon of racefuel costs 30usd here in norway,thats why :)

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
The fueling system tops out at 30psi. but as far as any "rating". There really isn't one because it's dependant on how far one goes with engine build, the stroker motors are fully built closed deck, studs, rods, sleeved etc, and what fuel you have. I personally would be doing an o ringed head if I was running well over 20psi regularly, but that engine will hold up for any mountain rider cause no the engine does not see big boost for long periods of time,

I
Nov 26, 2007
Not the best video, but this is the 1155 stroker at 9 psi. Feels like my old Apex at 17 psi.

Your old apex with 40% leak down on two cylinders and a blown compressor seal
at 17PSI? Cause that video was unimpressive to say the least.

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Your old apex with 40% leak down on two cylinders and a blown compressor seal
at 17PSI? Cause that video was unimpressive to say the least.

Dude, that sled was out of my hands for over a year and was rode by 2 different owners by the time you did a leak down test. When I was the owner it ran flawless. If you continue to post comments irrelevant to the topic they will be deleted.

Premium Features